Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys, just looking to lean on some more experienced drivers..... experience (knowledge would have been a great word to use there)!

I passed my test about month ago, though I have owned the car since January (bought the car as motivation to pass), my insurance is up for renewal at the end of said month, I had the car insured as a provisional driver and only upgraded it to full UK license when I passed on 18/11/19.

Whilst shopping for insurance (mercilessly hammering comparison sites) I don't know what to put into the "No claims discount" field. As the car will have been insured for a year and I have made no claims I'm leaning towards yes, I have 1 years no claims discount. However, as I've only been insured on a full UK license for about 1 month I'm thinking possibly a no?

Can anyone give me any clarity on this please.

Thanks in advance

Chris

·
Premium Member
45,204 Posts
I would think you will have 1 years NCD. Ask your existing insurer to send out a NCD letter/certificate to be sure.

·
Registered
37,284 Posts
If you have had insurance for a year and not claimed you will have 1 years no claims discount.

Unless they have changed the rules recently.

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
The Younger Mrs S. was in this predicament. She drove for ages as a Learner since it took her so long to practice driving (mainly since only I could accompany her and I was working away a lot at the time). Anyhow, her renewal came back with 1 yr NCD.

Ralf S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts