Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question, but I would rather ask it here than an insurance company.

Can you use your no claims bonus on more than 1 car / policy?
It is the individuals NCB so thought it could be used more than once, but knowing insurance, bet it is not as straightforward as that.

Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Most companies offer 'to mirror' the bonus so you do get credit for bonuses already earned.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Generally speaking a NCB can only be used for one car but as Poolegan says they will offer to "mirror" to get the business. Unfortunately my experience is that after the first year the mirror disappears and you are left with one years NCB.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Multicar policy instead of two individual car policies ? would that be better value for money ? The thing to remember is loyalty is NEVER rewarded

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks for the reply, so when completing an online questionnaire, I suppose I detail that I have X years NCB and when they ask for proof, provide copy and advise that it is used on another vehicle. Is that right? Used to be a lot simpler in the days of dealing with people at brokers rather than these comparison sites!

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
97 Posts
The 'mirrored' discount still applies but the policy has earnt it's own 1 year of NCB.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
97 Posts
OK thanks for the reply, so when completing an online questionnaire, I suppose I detail that I have X years NCB and when they ask for proof, provide copy and advise that it is used on another vehicle. Is that right? Used to be a lot simpler in the days of dealing with people at brokers rather than these comparison sites!

No, that isn't right, and that is the problem with dealing with internet tick boxes. There are plenty of traditional brokers still around, in fact three brokers are affiliated with this http://www.alfaowner.com.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts