Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well that time has come again to be relieved of a load of cash. Adrian flux are my weapon of choice at present but are there any other good alfa bias companies to look out for?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I use AF but remember. Phone and get them to quote rather than just accept the renewal. I saved a further £50 just by ringing them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
AF used to be one of the insurers on the MR2 forums (imoc.co.uk) that a few people used, personally I went with Sky Insurance who beat every other quote for my Alfa when I changed over. I used Confused.com and Gocompare.com and results from there were horrifying ... cheapest was £466.

Your top results are shown below:

Annual premium Total excess

£466.69 £100

£537.11 £249

£543.91 £100

Sky Insurance did fully comp with 3 points and 4 years NCB for £290.

Hope this helps...

Geoff

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AF just emailed my renewal and with a like for like quote MoreTh>n came in at over £70 cheaper.:wow: Something wrong here me thinks.:confused: Time to contact Dan

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
You renew will always be more than you can get an new policy for from someone else (or even from the same company), I'm amazed that people don't realise that!

My dad was with the same company for years, "oh they will look after me" he says, so i sat him down with confused.com and saved him £250 just like that!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Try Zurich, they've just walloped every other quote I had and came in at under half of the next cheapest, even uner half of what I paid fr the car too.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
hmmm that must depend on the driver then :lol: last quote i had from Zurich last year was nearly 3 grand fully comp, ended up paying little over £650 with Premium Choice in the end and i have 5 years no claims too, although i am only 23

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I've been with Chris Knott for the past 3 or 4 years. When I get my renewal I shop around for a better deal then get Chris Knott to beat it which they always have done.

BTW, if you get this thread moved to the Alfa Romeo Insurance lounge then I'm sure someone from Adrian Flux will spot it.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well first quote was for £433 with no mods declared which was well beaten by More Th>n who quoted £356 on a like for like quote. A quick call to AF renewal dept (pete was the bloke I spoke to) and now I am very very happy with the quote of £370 with mods declared. Just awaiting email confirmation and jobs a gud 'un.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Greenlight are very good for young drivers driving group 14+ cars. I' don't know what age you are or how competive they will be for you but they're worth an email, you must declare at least two modifications.

**edit** Just read your last post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts