Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a wee bit of advice on insurance guys....just got our new family bus (don't ask!) and my insurance runs out on the 30th with swinton being awkward about changing things so late in the policy (probably cause i'm not renewing with them!) and i was wondering if i could just bring forward the start date of a new policy? Or will this cause problems with no claims etc since i'd effectively have 2 policies running concurrently for a week?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't see a problem with that. I brought forward my insurance date a few years ago because my previous renewal date was just before Christmas and it was a real faff remembering to get quotes at such a busy time of year.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yes you can have 2 policies running alongside, but in the event of the claim each company will only accept 50% of any liability. you'll also be starting a new policy when you haven't quite got that additional year's no-claims in the bag

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys - i'll maybe give the company i'm likely to go with a bell and see what they say....not too bothered about the NCB as i've already got 8 years so the difference between 8 and 9 is probably nill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts