Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone have a schematic of the electronics in the instrument cluster?
Or know where I can find a schematic?

I need the schematic for both the Ph1 and Ph2

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
It'd be nice to see, but I've not seen one.

Having compared P1 & P2, there's not a lot of difference with the major components - same processor, LCD driver and ( what I presume are ) stepper motor drivers etc.

The only thing I could suggest is talking to the Magnetti Marelli PR department to see if they're willing to release the schematics. In case you don't have easy access, the MM numbers are -

P1 : LS 550010020002
P2 : 550010750002 LS

for the ones I have to hand. I would guess they went through some minor revision though.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PKR, thank you for the info.

Two of my former colleagues (from Motorola Mobile Devices) is now working for Magneti Marelli in Turin so I will try to contact them to see if they can send a copy of the schematic or if they can direct me to someone that can.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Two of my former colleagues (from Motorola Mobile Devices) is now working for Magneti Marelli in Turin so I will try to contact them to see if they can send a copy of the schematic or if they can direct me to someone that can.
Excellent. If you are successful, I'd appreciate copies.

It may be worthwhile asking for supporting documentation as well - such as speedometer pulse rates* and type ( square, sine etc ). Speedometer calibration?

* I know the P1 is 16k pulses per km and I've measured p2 at around 3300 pulses per km, but it'd be nice to know the exact figures!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Are you working on a project Henrik?

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not on any modification project.
I am trying to repair a faulty instrument cluster I have as spare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts