Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its of course the 5 allen key boltS (3 up and two down)

Unclip plastic facia in-stitu gives loads more room.

But is it possible to withdraw the cluster without removing dash and steering wheel.

Looks pretty damn tight when trying to withdraw, can't fathom which way to withdraw it, let alone get it forward enough to undo the electrical connection.

It's the 1.6L 147 T Spark.

(as a side note -- 36k mile timing belt interval :!!!!)

·
Registered
846 Posts
The cluster will come out without removing the dash/wheel although its a bit tight.
Extend the steering column as far as it will go and lower it fully (from memory) and with a bit of work it will come out. Getting the plugs out of the back is a bit tight tho.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does that fascia unclip easily in-situ?
I'm thinking of swapping them over between our 147s, because there is a crack in the fascia on the younger one I'm intending to keep for a good while longer.

·
Registered
883 Posts
someone will correct me if I'm wrong but make sure it's the same year or you may have canbus issues

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
If you swap the cluster you will have CAN Bus issues full stop - the cluster is a node and the mileage will flash, you can get round it by swapping over chip 93C86 on the back of the cluster, if you can solder, this also preserves the mileage.

someone will correct me if I'm wrong but make sure it's the same year or you may have canbus issues
Yeah, youre right, theres at least 3 types - the earlier type with the cruise light on the mileage readout, the later type with the cruise light on the speedo and later cars with different central LCD displays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts