Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where to look!

A couple of days ago, I noticed that the light on the DNA switch was flickering when in 'N'. I also noticed that the backlighting on the instrument cluster was only part-working (it all works apart from a very specific part on one quarter of the speedometer!).

It seems to sort itself out if I turn the car off/on. It did it again this morning and then sorted itself out 2 minutes later!

My thoughts are that it's a loose connection somewhere but I have no idea where to start looking....

Obviously, it's not a matter of life and death if I don't fix it but I'd like to know where the wires etc. are so I can at least check to see whether there is anything obvious.

Car is a 2011 Giulietta QV.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I would be inclined to get it on MES first and check for errors and then have a check of earths,if those are ok then it’s a case of taking parts off to check wiring plugs etc

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The blue LED on my DNA switch sometimes doesn't work, but I've never really driven the car very far on that setting. It gets a lot of use from D and N modes and I have no issues on those. A few weeks ago I lost the back lighting of the fuel gauge, I bashed the instrument binnacle and it came back on, like a loose connection and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My white LED for “N” mode doesn’t light most of the time... or flickers. I am pretty sure it can be solved if I spend 40euros on a new Switch but tbh it doesn’t bother me as I drive in Dynamic!

I guess the OP has two unrelated issues.

I like the point about banging on the instrument cluster solving things.

I think the vibrations over time, especially with poor engine mounts may knock things out. In my case a small displacement petrol turbo which is not the smoothest.

Reminds me of a time when the camera shop asked if I rode a motorbike as I kept losing tiny screws from my Canon IXUS Camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts