Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
This is my first post, so please excuse me if this has already been covered in another thread :biglaugh: I have the standard Blaupunkt radio installed and i´m trying to install the alfa navigation system instead ( think it´s called connect nav?) I was assuming the wiring would be pretty much plug & play since both is alfa units. However, the connect nav unit will not power on when connected. I actually have 2 connect nav units , since I thought the first one I bought was broken , I decided to buy another one only to find out it has the same problem :furious:
Could anyone help me out?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
If the connect is supplied from factory, it is included in the CAN network, and is switched on/off via software commands on the CAN bus. In that case, as in the case of the "standard" alfa radio, there is only a permanent +12 available on the wiring loom, on ISO-A7.

If you install a connect on a car that did not have it ex factory, the body computer will not "see" it, so will not switch it on/off.
In this case, you need to add a switched +12 V feed, f.i. from the cigarette lighter, to ISO-A4 (normaly no wire present).
In addition, to "fool" the bodycomputer, you might need to switch this supply on (either with a manual switch, or a time relay) approx 5 or 6 seconds after switching on the ignition, so the bodycomputer does not "see" the connect and cause an error ....

In addition of course, to use the navi, you will need to add a GPS antenna and GSM antenna if you want to use the in-built phone ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this is odd... I have just checked with a multi meter and I have constant (battery) 12V on A4 and have 12V on A3 with ignition OFF, with ignition ON, the voltage drop to 4-5V. I have no battery 12V on A7??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Well, this is odd... I have just checked with a multi meter and I have constant (battery) 12V on A4 and have 12V on A3 with ignition OFF, with ignition ON, the voltage drop to 4-5V. I have no battery 12V on A7??
A3 is a data line from the CAN bus .....
A4 and A7 are the power connections .....

A4 should be switched +12, A7 continuous +12

·
Registered
886 Posts
as far as i read it is not just p&p. i think some changes of car config + proxi alignment needs to be done(e.g using mes, that should be easy ) , roof antena changed to one for gps. also you need navi model compatible with your car config, depends on year you may chec it on ePer(pre 2010 cars i think). i wasnt even aware all required plugs are there if you have standard radio.

but, as far as most say(at least in Poland) it is way better to buy 3rd party 2din radio with navi and add unit for steering wheel buttons support. some people even changed from original navi to 3rd party

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i finally had the chance to re-wire the ISO yesterday. I used the diagram jwq sent , and it worked!! Thanks alot man!! I havent had the chance to configure the unit yet , but now i know it´s working :thumbup: . Yeah i still have to find the Gps antenna and maybe i will buy a 3rd party 2 din in the future... but lets see. Now i´m just stoked that it´s working!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey man, I have the same problem !!!! I have 1,3- can bus. 4 power 12v and 8- ground. I took from 4 to 7 and I got the navi that work but I can't switched it off!!! I removed from 4, and it still works but only for 20 minutes and with functionality loose! What you did, man? Help me please

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm suffering almost a month. I thought it would be easy. I changed my old radio to this one. After I bought it I found out that the central panel didn't match the size of navi(( I finally found the central panel the same color in Poland and bought it and now I can't fit it!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm suffering almost a month. I thought it would be easy. I changed my old radio to this one. After I bought it I found out that the central panel didn't match the size of navi(( I finally found the central panel the same color in Poland and bought it and now I can't fit it!
Hi have you installed it did you have a problem with the GPS map, no roads on the map i have just done the same all is ok except the map i don't have roads on the map no satellites

1 - 13 of 13 Posts