Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking to have a Pioneer AVIC F10BT Sat Nav fitted when I have my 159 delivered in March. Will this make the Blue&Me that's fitted as standard totally redundant? Are there any potential problems I should be aware of? Finally, any recommendations re installers in the London area?

Many thanks

Barry Z:confused:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hi Barry,

Will this make the Blue&Me that's fitted as standard totally redundant?
My car didn't have B&M to start with, but I believe it does render it totally redundant.

Are there any potential problems I should be aware of?
From what I've read, the B&M unit needs to remain connected, so needs to be secreted away somewhere.

Finally, any recommendations re installers in the London area?
My Pioneer AVIC-F910BT was installed by Creative Car Sounds in Winchmore Hill, North London. They were very clued-up about installing to a Brera, so I would expect the same for the 159 :)

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
And probably not a problem on a new car, but don't forget to de-register any phones from the blue&me before you take it appart... ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
My Pioneer AVIC-F910BT was installed by Creative Car Sounds in Winchmore Hill, North London. They were very clued-up about installing to a Brera, so I would expect the same for the 159 :)
They fitted an AVIC D3 for my 147 a couple of years ago and did a top job. Stuart there knows his stuff so I would highly recommend. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
They fitted an AVIC D3 for my 147 a couple of years ago and did a top job. Stuart there knows his stuff so I would highly recommend. :thumbs:
I (obviously :D) noticed the photo of a 147 GTA on their website -- is it yours? :)

Seeing that was the best endorsement possible ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I (obviously :D) noticed the photo of a 147 GTA on their website -- is it yours? :)

Seeing that was the best endorsement possible ;)
:lol: Yes that was mine. I'd completely forgotten that he'd posted a pic.

I'm really happy with the installation and rate the D3 highly, although the new pioneers look to be a lot better with full iphone compatability and (I think) speed camera warnings - two things that the D3 didn't have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts