Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right ladies and gents of the Lincs lounge :)

If you need inspiration to have a meet I give you these two photographs :cool:

My very first meet as AONW Rep :)

CIMG1270[1].jpg

The last AO meet I attended and helped organise :)

IMG_0056[1].jpg

From small Acorns mighty Oaks grow :)

So have a meet even if it's only 4 or 5 of you go on do it you know you want to :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You Know me mate I won't let a Region feel left out :)

Don't you Dare do :rolleyes: :lol:

Why don't you suggest one Kev :D

The Rest of AO is waiting to see some Lincs Member meet pics in the Image lounge :D
there has been talk in the past about going to somewhere like East Kirky Aviation Centre
The only place in the UK where you can ride in an Lancaster Bomber - Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre
don't know how easy it would be for lincs folks but got to be better than a pub car park :rolleyes:
not far from me so...;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Pa in law is Ex RAF he'd love a day out there :)

So lets pick a date and see who turns up :)

Even if it's only two or three Alfa's it will be a great day out :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How far is it from here to there people??

Sounds like mega fun!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'm up for this one I have been before although its a bit of a trek to get to from here.We turned up on a Tuesday and the taxi runs were the next day......:cry: Dates anyone??

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,346 Posts
A Lincs Lounge, we are coming up in the world !

We have been trying to get something going for a while now, a lot of procrastination but not much else, in a tic I'll post on here my tentative proposal from another Thread.

Meanwhile.

The only place in the UK where you can ride in an Lancaster Bomber - Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre

Andy was going to try and arrange a meet here where we could get the cars in and park in front of the Hangar but not heard from him for a while.

Meanwhile would it possible for admin to PM all the members in the region ? I only noticed this as Mark Alfa PM'ed me.

·
16,346 Posts
An extract from previous discussions plus another idea.

Evening Meet.

Just a suggestion for you all. The local Social Club here in Wyberton has a quiz night every Sunday evening. Bit of fun, half decent beer and free food. Comfortable and acres of parking. Quiz starts at 20.30 but we could aim to arrive earlier if we wanted. Could even make it a lunchtime event if the quiz does not appeal.

I'm being selfish of course, I can walk there and leave the poor dirty GTV at home AND have several pints.

Let us know if you fancy this or have any alternative ideas.

The Donington Idea.
Just realized that when I first looked at this Thread I had missed a whole page, the one about Donington.

The things I'm tentatively proposing are not INSTEAD OF but AS WELL AS so if anyone wants to take up the Donington idea then why not go ahead.

For me I'm not really into a Donington meet as I can't stand the potential traffic problems and car parking issues but that's no reason to stop this proposal, for those of you who fancy this idea then continue and organize it, sure a lot of people would be up for it.

Follow Up 1.
Not much response to the quiz and beer night except for bradders ( difficult for him to make an evening meet so far from home ), VD and ML & K18 who seems up for 'owt ! Where is everybody ?

Interest in anything else in the near future seems to be fading away.

Midday Midweek Minimeet.
OK my immediate proposal is for a lunchtime meet on the 23rd at the Hammer or the Moores Arms, Frampton ( See Link. ). If anyone is interested in this please initially express your interest here and if there is enough enthusiasm shown I'll put it up as an event. Or any other suggestions for timing or location for a lunchtime meet or indeed anything else

My tuppence's worth, over to everyone else.......

the Moores Arms at Frampton - Home -

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not only have I moved it you now have your first Lincs lounge sticky thread :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Moores Arms looks great. How about next Thursday at 6.30pm?

·
16,346 Posts

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Yep - but you need to do it, I don't know how to :(

·
16,346 Posts
Well, I think I have but it hasn't appeared yet, has to be approved by a Mod. Hopefully it will appear shortly......

Different from the last time, much more confusing.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Fingers crossed :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts