Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I've got quite a few old parts which i have kept from my 2000 2.0L CF2 156.

I thought i would start posting some threads on dissecting some Alfa Parts, in which these parts are designed and constructed.

this thread is on the Resonator box, this part is attached before the Air filter box and is well hidden inside the N/S bumper. this Resonator box quietens down the induction noise of the intake system. Here are some pictures...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Lacken156,
this idea came to me a few weeks back, just wanted to help out others on here which have helped me! I've only got the Variator to take apart next, any suggestions? (ps, i cant take too much bits off her, i need to get to work in the morning! :cheese:)

Ta

·
Vendor
46,277 Posts
No wonder that people report a positive difference after fitting the V6 or GTA snorkel.

L

·
0 Posts
Done:
  1. Resonator
  2. Rear Caliper
  3. Variator
  4. Hand brake connections

To Do:
  1. air box & cone
  2. plenium [ I've never seen the inside of one ]
  3. front caliper
  4. master cylinder for clutch
  5. master cylinder for brake
  6. slave cylinder clutch
  7. head
  8. piston
  9. alternator
  10. starter
  11. power steering pump
  12. CAT
  13. Rear Exh box

this is a good start :cheese:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha! yes that's an impressive list, i wanted to post items that isn't common on other cars, but the Air Box & cone and Plenium is a good one, i will put those on my list next to take apart as they need a good old clean :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah bugger, you beat me to it! although i didn't notice parts A and C come out last time i took one apart...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick question... how do you 'pop' out the piston on the rear caliper, think the front is easiest is it?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think i might Take the Plenium apart this weekend, (as you've beat me to it on Variator), there are two 13mm bolts on bottom middle (mount) and two either side? then there's 4 Clic R clips on each intake...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
So what wears in a variator and causes it to rattle? It looks simple and robust. Just the spring that gets tired?

G

·
0 Posts
"Well... I have had a lovely time Noel and it certainly was a good offer..... But I think I will open the box":p:lol:

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
No wonder that people report a positive difference after fitting the V6 or GTA snorkel.
Glad I binned mine ... now I see why the throttle is so much more responsive (I've still got the V6 intake).

Didn't split mine .. tbh I thought the box was empty and it was just filled with plastic baffles, etc. :)

Add to the list "Idle Actuator Motor" ...

Think I might have pics of a master cylinder. The inlet elbow on mine cracked and I had to replace both. Don't think I touched the internals though .. just the external seals and the end boot.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
So what wears in a variator and causes it to rattle? It looks simple and robust. Just the spring that gets tired?
I think it's a combination of spring and sealing washers, there's a repair kit available, not sure i'd want to try it though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts