Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of help please. How should the boot floor be finished, ie carpeted or not; I believe not? Mine is, and frankly it would seem pretty naked without a bit of something in there, ie just the top of the tank, a bit of metal floor, and a spare wheel!
Am asking as am just about to fit a new fuel tank, so its time to look at the wider finish, even though on a modified car I'm not necessarily into ultimate originality.
If there are any pics anyone has or knows of, that would be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I thought all the GTVs were carpeted, with the Juniors having rubber mats?

Mine just has the 'main' carpet piece in, however, I believe there are another 3 or 4 required to finish it properly, plus a strip which goes across the back of the lights and the stainless trim strips on the opening. There should also be a bit of hardboard which goes over the spare wheel.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
From Classic Alfa

Rubber set - Complete boot/trunk rubber mat set in light grey - as fitted to 1750 GTVs, 2000 GTVs(which use a different carpet/felt style main mat) and some late GT Juniors. Excellent quality and includes the embossed logo and moulded ridges as per the original mats. See IN061 for the set of these mats in black as used in other models.

http://classicalfa.com/products/IN060-GT-BOOT{47}TRUNK-RUBBER-MAT-SET-%2d-GREY.html

Carpet set - For those who wish to upgrade from the standard rubber mats or the late felt style mats we have this full carpet set to fit all GTs/GTVs. Tailored to fit and bound, they will look great in any GT boot area.

IN059 GT BOOT CARPET SET - Classic Alfa

I hope you like the carpet as there's a big difference in price!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks, although seems a bit counter intuitive to have the higher quality item about 1/3 the cost of the other, or have I missed something?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're right, but I guess the rubber mats are moulded and required a custom mould to be created for a very low volume item, whereas the carpet is just generic that's cut and bound to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts