Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best type of tool to go for for the removing inner tie rods on the GTV (2.0 TS)?

The tie rods on the GTV don't have flats where you can get a spanner or stilsons on, they are completely round:
IMG_20200711_103653213.jpg

There seems to be 4 main kinds of tool for inner tie rods:
11931882_ptl_w83027_pri_larg.jpg
HTB1Lwnid1uSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaG.jpg
3829.jpg
unnamed.jpg
I'm not sure which of these (if any) will work on the round edges (as opposed to a tie rod with slats) and which would be the best type.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stilsons shouldn't need a flat they bite into the material. If you're replacing them and you don't need to worry about damage - grind some flats or put a big set of stilsons on.
After you've unstaked them of course!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stilsons shouldn't need a flat they bite into the material. If you're replacing them and you don't need to worry about damage - grind some flats or put a big set of stilsons on.
After you've unstaked them of course!
Cheers. The rack in the photo is just a spare I have lying around. I'm planning on removing the inner tie rods from the rack on the car and thinking about it, I don't think there'll be enough room for stilsons. I'd need to install the new ones anyway so it makes sense for me to get the tool rather than risk damaging the new ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts