·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
They both should fit.

I've had issues with shaftec (2nd link) in the past when it came to the outer cv joints but the inners are the same as the 2.5 156 v6 and easy to get hold of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need the complete cv-joint and not only the boot. The reason for this is that my boot was split and after dismounting the driveshaft I could feel a little play in the inner joint.
However, the Shaftec cv-joint I linked in my first post has the correct specs regarding diameter and teeth.

I would like to know if 100mm diameter is applicable to any v6 at all?

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
not sure could measure one tomorrow but i posted the boot as the v6 joint is 107mm diameter. not sure if their is a 100mm version but not that ive seen on the shafts ive dismantled

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure could measure one tomorrow but i posted the boot as the v6 joint is 107mm diameter. not sure if their is a 100mm version but not that ive seen on the shafts ive dismantled
Ok, I see. Would be great if you could take a measurement :thumbu p:
If it turns out it doesn't even fit the 156 2.5 v6 I will return it to the seller.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
It's not unusual for replacement pattern parts to be different to the OE component. Have you tried the joint on the shaft? And checked the bolt hole diameter?

ETA, Ah, I understand what you're saying now, if it's a different dia, then it won't bolt up to the opposing flange?

On that basis, sounds like it's the wrong part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not unusual for replacement pattern parts to be different to the OE component. Have you tried the joint on the shaft? And checked the bolt hole diameter?

ETA, Ah, I understand what you're saying now, if it's a different dia, then it won't bolt up to the opposing flange?

On that basis, sounds like it's the wrong part.
Thats right, Chris155. I doesn't fit the flange. When checking various sources that actually write out the specs it seems that 100mm diameter is correct for the 156 V6. As I said before 108mm is the correct diameter for the GTA, at least mine....

There must have been a change for the 156 since you are postitive it should fit?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
As it happens we have a new GTA inner joint in the garage. Confirmed as 108mm outer dia;

With 10mm dia bolt holes

And we have a spare 2.5v6 drive shaft too...

Diameter confirmed as 108mm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the photos! I'm waiting for the seller to respond to my questions regarding this.....

·
Vendor
47,151 Posts
I think its getting to the point where GTA owners should think about converting to 2.5 V6 driveshafts. They fit the gearbox end & the bracket behind the block no problem, but use a smaller outer CV joint. You would need a pair of 2.5 V6 hub flanges, a pair of 2.5 V6 driveshafts and a pair of new wheel bearings. Then at least in future both inner and outer CV joints can be sourced cheaply and quickly in the aftermarket if Alfa stop supplying them.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I think its getting to the point where GTA owners should think about converting to 2.5 V6 driveshafts. They fit the gearbox end & the bracket behind the block no problem, but use a smaller outer CV joint. You would need a pair of 2.5 V6 hub flanges, a pair of 2.5 V6 driveshafts and a pair of new wheel bearings. Then at least in future both inner and outer CV joints can be sourced cheaply and quickly in the aftermarket if Alfa stop supplying them.
You forgot about the abs sensors... :p

·
Registered
3,024 Posts

·
Vendor
47,151 Posts
:scratchchin:How did you get the outer race out?
The outer race is bolted in place with 4 bolts, just undid them and it came out without too much persuasion. Hardest part was getting the old inner race off the hub flange to re-use it, had to get an oxy torch on it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts