Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any sources for buying these yet?

I fitted two new front ones a few years back, and was very pleased to have bought them at a good price. Noticed today that the drivers side front has disintegrated and the front part that houses the fog light hatch has gone awol, leaving the oil cooler/fog light totally exposed.

I have a good used one for the passenger side of course :mad::mad:
Has anyone come across any?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was searching for a pair a couple of years ago, thought I'd struck gold on the Autodoc site, but when they arrived, they were not GTA spec. They had just included the "3.2 GTA" in the fitment list dropdown .

Still available via the following link, so a case of "Buyer Beware" for anyone else who stumbles on these:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was searching for a pair a couple of years ago, thought I'd struck gold on the Autodoc site, but when they arrived, they were not GTA spec. They had just included the "3.2 GTA" in the fitment list dropdown .

Still available via the following link, so a case of "Buyer Beware" for anyone else who stumbles on these:

That would be nice - £11!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I did think at the time that the gift-horse's teeth were a bit too dazzling, but I thought at that price it was worth a shot. I think I used the box to post something I sold on ebay, so it wasn't a total loss (liners went in a skip).

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Yes, I did think at the time that the gift-horse's teeth were a bit too dazzling, but I thought at that price it was worth a shot. I think I used the box to post something I sold on ebay, so it wasn't a total loss (liners went in a skip).
why... werent they at least close enough to mod them .. or just all sorts of wrong

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is where I am at now. Buying a standard 156 one and seeing what I can do with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought them when I was having new wings fitted and a glass-out respray, on the basis that it made sense to renew them while so much work was being done. When it came to it, the originals were actually in pretty good shape, so I decided to stick with them. I guess they probably could be modded to fit, but the **** things cause so much grief, even in their correct version, that I didn't want to chance it.

(On that note,I spent a day coating the inside of the new wings with bullet-proof epoxy, and fitted rubber beading to the liners so, fingers crossed, I should get a few years out of the new wings!)

I could have advertised the liners as givaways, but I doubted whether too many non-GTA 156 owners would be interested so just hoiked them out.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I was just wondering about them really like above when originals do become unavailble unless someone starts making some.. i have a spare set sat with the brand new wings when i can find time to get it in the bodyshop..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts