Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
When on holiday in the Maldives many years ago, we planned a romantic evening on the deck of our water villa, with champagne we had got earlier from the bar.

The first thing we did was to accidentally lock ourselves out of the villa, on said deck. This meant that I had the choice of either climbing over the villa to get to land, or walking through the sea, at night, via a route on which I had seen sharks and rays earlier that same day. I very nearly chose the roof. But I eventually decided that would result in me breaking my legs and then being eaten and stung, rather than only the latter issues.
So, an extremely nerve-wracking walk to shore, and calling the staff to come and laugh at me while letting me back in.

Back out to the deck, this time ensuring that we didn't let the door lock. Opened the champagne and let the cork off right into the edge of my eye socket.

Once the pain had subsided, I wasn't really feeling very romantic anymore, and I only managed half a glass of champers.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Burnt the sole of my foot after lighting a bonfire in my slippers. My high quality slippers melted beautifully.
I'm still trying not to ask...
Sorry but I’m going to have to ask... where on earth does one purchase high quality slippers in this day and age? Can’t find a decent pair anywhere.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Barbour, I've had a pair for 3 years, still like new.
I'll easily see a couple more years out of them

A bit pricey (I got mine on sale), but not as pricey as a new pair from M&S every year.
Now that is a nice slipper... will go nicely with the old smoking jacket.

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
I got so fed up of slippers lasting for 6 months or less, I now wear a pair of Skechers which are vaguely slipper like as slippers instead. Seems to work well for me.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Barbour, I've had a pair for 3 years, still like new.
I'll easily see a couple more years out of them

A bit pricey (I got mine on sale), but not as pricey as a new pair from M&S every year.
Now that is a nice slipper... will go nicely with the old smoking jacket.
I wear mine with a deerstalker and a nice meerschaum :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I could tell you about "someone I know" who trapped a nerve in his back trying to retrieve and errant toilet roll and had to lie on the bathroom floor for an hour until the pain subsided and I (sorry they) was able to get to the bedroom and some painkillers!

Hard to tell work why I, they, were not going to work that day!

·
Registered
37,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I could tell you about "someone I know" who trapped a nerve in his back trying to retrieve and errant toilet roll and had to lie on the bathroom floor for an hour until the pain subsided and I (sorry they) was able to get to the bedroom and some painkillers!

Hard to tell work why I, they, were not going to work that day!
:rofl:

Funny you should say this.

I was talking with my boss today. He managed to slip a disc in his back getting up from the toilet at work.

Somehow he managed to clean up, pull up his kecks and crawl to the door to get some help.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Crikey - you guys need to be more careful : )

·
Registered
32,012 Posts
This reminds me of the unfortunate sig Carluccio who said he accidentally cut himself then booked into the Priory. Very sad.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
And the kid from East 17 who ran himself over while reversing his car.

(Which, mad as it sounds, I can see how it happened)

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
Similar to the poor fella from the recent Star Trek films.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
And the kid from East 17 who ran himself over while reversing his car.

(Which, mad as it sounds, I can see how it happened)
My mum ran over my foot when I was getting out of the car when I was going to school!! But instead of driving off it, she sat there with car on my foot asking me not to keep shouting at at her!

I've sliced a finger open and required stitches in my knee after Stanley knife accidents.

I dropped blood all over the floor in Tesco's (I think) in Bollington looking for plasters after the finger slice. The knee required a trip to Arrowe Park hospital!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I opened up a two inch long gash above my left eye by head butting a urinal, no one else was involved. I was 18, at school, and I'd just woken up, grabbed a towel and headed downstairs for a shower. Wrapped up in the towel was my genuine Sony Walkman (with auto reverse no less). Went for a **** on the way, as you do. While standing at the urinal, I was aware of the walkman sliding out of the rolled up towel under my arm, so I quickly reached to grab it ....

And woke up on the bathroom floor. I'd smacked the porcelain divider between the urinals very hard indeed. Nothing hurt, but I was aware that I could only see red out of my left eye. At the time, this didn't concern me, so I went for a shower. Water on the cut hurt rather a lot, and I passed out on the shower floor, sticking my teeth through my lower lip.

I got out of the shower, held a load of bog paper to my face and got dressed. On the way to breakfast I was accosted by the housemaster who (not unreasonably) suspected I had been fighting. I distinctly remember the sound of the blood from my eye dripping on the floor as he spoke, and I passed out again.

My next recollection is of waking up in hospital having been stitched up. I was about as concussed as someone can be without a fractured skull, and the bone structure above my eyes is "uncommonly strong" (a.k.a Neanderthal) according to the radiologist.

Explaining how it happened to everyone I met for the next 2 weeks was the most painful bit about the experience....

21 - 40 of 57 Posts