Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Righty, project is coming along slowly and research is continuing abound.
so, it looks like I need bigger injectors. I don't want to run a separate ecu and injector, I want to man up the ones on board and get them running right.
I have questions that people in the know may be able to help on.
Are the oem injectors a certain type? Do they have a series type that there are different volumes of? Ones that will fit without mods?
Will the ecu be able to retune or (likely) is it going to need a retune/map?
My heads hurting!! :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
As I learned that you have a twinspark petrol engine right? So there should be lots of injectors out there, because it is petrol engine. not like ours diesel engine. We could only find 341 series injectors for our 1.9Jtdm engines if we are lucky and have lots of money left from mods :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Righty, project is coming along slowly and research is continuing abound.
so, it looks like I need bigger injectors. I don't want to run a separate ecu and injector, I want to man up the ones on board and get them running right.
I have questions that people in the know may be able to help on.
Are the oem injectors a certain type? Do they have a series type that there are different volumes of? Ones that will fit without mods?
Will the ecu be able to retune or (likely) is it going to need a retune/map?
My heads hurting!! :)
your choice is to go higher fuel pressure (doubling fuel pressure gives about 1.41 times more fuel injected) or go with bigger volume injectors, or both.

Which injectors do you have now? You could get injectors from a 3.0V6 for a bit more flow. My advice is to not go bigger than you need or you run the risk of poor idle emmisions. So how much power will the engine make?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have standard 1.6 injectors which run at 19lbs hour, I'm looking for 170hp on 5-6psi boost, so around 24-25lsb/hr.
I don't know enough about the fuel pump and how to modify its pressure, so I'm looking at bigger injectors.
I found a table on a g40 polo site that pointed me at some mondeo mk3 1800cc injectors.
I'll see if I can find it and post a link. Really rather handy.
:)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
right, first things first: determine the body style for the injectors (length is of importance)

EV14 ? RMA Performance

the standard injectors could be EV1 or EV6, I suspect EV1. You can substitute for EV6 but might need to change the plugs on the wiring. Just cut some of at a junkyard.

Here's a list of injectors and their flow rates, and their applications. Stick to Bosch injectors, high impedance. Low impedance injectors will burn out in a high impedance application.

Stan Weiss' - Electronic Fuel Injector (EFI) Flow Data Table

I'd look for 26-27 lbs/hr.

Did you consider lowering the CR so you can run a bit more boost?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
oem is:0280150759 246cc 14.5ohm
OEM for what car? 246cc is quite high flow

The OEM for the older metal injector rail is EV1 style and for the plastic injector rail it is EV6 style. If you have the EV1 style, EV6 style does but is 3mm shorter, so you'll have to trim the stand-offs a bit down:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/374592-gtv-racer-build-5.html#post14437617

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=615561&d=1456824610

Following the stan weiss injector sheet you'll find the metal rail 2.0L injectors are
model: 0-280-150-702 lb/hr: 18.0 cc/min: 189.2
The 3.2 V6 is EV6 style:
model: 0-280-156-038 lb/hr: 21.3 cc/min: 224.4

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, I was using info from a search. Maybe I got it wrong. 1.6 16v cf3 has plastic everywhere... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts