Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with the red fuel injector light comming on and staying on, no aparent problems engine runs fine,

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
probably the camshaft position sensor. Do a search as there ia a lot written about it.
:confused: Really?

Thats a new one on me TBH.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
have heard of this from other posts about the quality of fuel your putting in......................... try a premium brand petrol station ( no supermarkets) and see if it stays on

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Get it diagnosed and it will save on alot of expensive guess work.;)
Agreed - it could be so many things... Lambda sensor... Airflow meter (or air leak)... Even EGR valve on models that have it...

-Alex

·
Registered
494 Posts
have heard of this from other posts about the quality of fuel your putting in......................... try a premium brand petrol station ( no supermarkets) and see if it stays on
Absolute rubbish!
The car needs it's ECU read as a fault code will now be registered.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Absolute rubbish!
The car needs it's ECU read as a fault code will now be registered.
I don't think any suggestions can be completely discounted - if it's a dodgy lambda sensor (exhaust oxygen probe) then cleaner-burning fuel and an Italian tuneup might bring it right. But I agree with you, it's all guesswork until the codes are read.

-Alex

·
Registered
219 Posts
There is no point in trying to guess the fault but the light means there will be a fault code in the ECU.
Either take it to someone for reading and resetting or buy the kit yourself.
I use AlfaDiag which runs on a laptop and you need a cable to plug it in.
There are a number of others available but none are terribly expensive these days.
Cheaper than a couple of trips to a dealer/Indy to have it checked and you have it available when you need it. There have been lots of posts on this forum so do a search.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts