Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, Im not taking any kickbacks for this recommendation, 2nd the guy does the service "at cost". Im making the post for people who have stuck injectors or believe they are stuck...

My personal experience was that I thought my injectors could have been causing my kangaroo problem, unfortunately this wasnt the case for me, but having them tested and cleaned hugely increased my acceleration and overall responsiveness. I already had a spare injector so I sent JIM all 5 for testing and cleaning. 4 had problems at different levels of which 1 was in a very bad way. EVen this very poor one was improved, but fortunately I had the privilidge of using the best 4 out of 5 :)

Anyway after refitting and ECU re-learning I could see the additive and multiplicative factors on my bank 1 and bank 2 (I have a Euro3) were much more balanced. Before the cleaning one of the banks was indicating a problem with the factors on one of the banks. Performance is much improved.

I found this service very useful and beneficial for me and having done 140000Km and using several different injector cleaners to little effect can highly recommend JIM. Very fast turnaround in and out in 1 day and minimal price for cleaning with options for high temperature tank bathing and new O rings and pintle caps etc at little extra cost. For reference O rings are 6 euro each at the stealers and there are 2 per injector. Anyway heres the link to various forum postsfrom the guy:

Petrol injectors. A Godsend or a nightmare! - Volvo Performance Club UK Forums

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hi Doc

That's seriously impressive! How did you contact the guy? Do you have and email address you could post of PM me with?

Also, how stright forward is it to remove the injectors on the SP3?

Hope you can help becuase I like the idea of getting mine done too - given mine has 120k miles on the clock and I have every receipt and she's never had any work done to the injectors!!

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops thought his email was in the other web link. Heres his email address, no need to mention me im just another customer, but I am his first Alfa customer.

[email protected]

His name is Jim, very helpful in my experience. He even posted back my old O rings and pintle caps when I asked. Only minor thing that concerned me was the pintle caps were slightly smaller than the originals, but I havent noticed any issues, but thats why I asked to keep the old ones just in case.

Good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seem to remember it was originally diesels and LPG that the guy started doing it, so I dont see why not. Drop him an email, hes very helpful and report back.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I had an email of him and the ones on my Alfa are like the Volvo ones he said, he said he can do them.

Is it worth it to get the high temp cleaning done?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have a bad kangaroo experience when putting foot on accelerator and when pulling foot of it, would this cleaning injectors benefit from this?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
crank sensor = TDC sensor = RPM sensor. Its a bit of a knuckle grinding job - I did mine from above with the air inlet to throttle body disconnected, but you need long arms and I had to lay across the engine... Took about 1 hr.5mm allen key.

G

·
crank sensor = TDC sensor = RPM sensor. Its a bit of a knuckle grinding job - I did mine from above with the air inlet to throttle body disconnected, but you need long arms and I had to lay across the engine... Took about 1 hr.5mm allen key.
I understand the crank sensor can only be done from above if you have small-medium sized hands ?

What's your Doc in Doc ? I'm a lowly Grease Monkey, I guess you're a Spark from the fact that you can get an oscilloscope to work ?

The Alfa CD ROM has wiring diagrams, systems descriptions and schematics and some useful test procedures (resistance values).

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Well Jim has cleaned them and sent them back to me. Number 1 injector was poor on pattern test and number 4 very high on flow test.

I think I'll be using him again :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I fitted the injectors ok, and it's a lot smoother. But I still have my speed sensor problem, and I also held throtle at 2-3K revs and it liked to wander up and down:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Jim sent me the pictures of the progress by email as well all for £32.90 recorded delivery. Excellent service by Jim highly recommended :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts