Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos everyone

My Gtv had been running a little rough, I have replaced camshaft sensor and Bosch maf with another original unit. Good news is that she runs really well through the rev range and can achieve well over a 100mph without any hesitation. The car is running really well, but light comes on when I drop below 40mph and certain revs. I have plugged in diagnostics and cleared the ecu. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Cheers
Sean

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
What code did you get on the diagnostics?

What engine do you have?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came up saying that the camshaft sensor was at fault when I have already replaced it saying it was fatal?????? I have the cf2 engine with the plastic cover. I ll have to get the code when I get back to blighty lol

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Any possibility it may have the wrong exhaust cam pulley? The cf2 has a pulley with multiple slots in it for the phase sensor, whereas the cf1, for example, only has 1 slot. Pure speculation :- maybe the additional slots are only used at low engine speeds.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I have a cam sensor fault in my cf1 but it has no effect on the running of the car.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It came up with this code:-

P0340

The code is set when the Camshaft Position Sensor signal is missing. Possible causes are:
- Connector or wire problem in the signal circuit (open or short to 12V or ground)
- Sensor installed improperly
Check the connectors, wiring and proper installation of the sensor, and the signal waveform with an oscilloscope.
PLEASE NOTE: Certain systems always set this fault code as long as the engine is not running. This is not a sign of fault!
The sensor can be of inductive or Hall effect type.
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received very low signal from the sensor. The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came up with this code:-

P0340

The code is set when the Camshaft Position Sensor signal is missing. Possible causes are:
- Connector or wire problem in the signal circuit (open or short to 12V or ground)
- Sensor installed improperly
Check the connectors, wiring and proper installation of the sensor, and the signal waveform with an oscilloscope.
PLEASE NOTE: Certain systems always set this fault code as long as the engine is not running. This is not a sign of fault!
The sensor can be of inductive or Hall effect type.
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received very low signal from the sensor. The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.
Its what it quoted on the diagnostics:cry:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you replace the cam belt when you changed the cam sensor.?
I didn't replace the belt as its only two years old and done less than 20,000 miles. Would it have helped to replace the belt as well? Would have that made a difference to the cam sensor reading?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I get a cam sensor code logged often, it's a 'soft' error I think on cold startup? I ignore it. You'd soon know if the sensor was proper broke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts