Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Im a new Alfa Romeo owner. Just bought mine this tuesday a Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed year 2000. Now the problem is that the injection lit is turned on during travel.

It went out for some time yesterday though. But today it is lit. The car have been standing still for a couple of years and it's about -0 - -10C out this time of year. The car have also come to a stand still (the motor died) so i had to put in neutral, start the engine and then gear up.

Any ideas on what it can be? Can it be that the motor is running bad while cold ?

Best regards from zChris in Sweden.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
The red injector symbol is a general engine management light - just indicates that one of many sensors has indicated a problem. Its just guesswork to comment without further info, so really the only answer is to get the fault codes read - either at a dealer or by downloading something like MultiECUscan to a laptop and obtaining an appropriate connecting lead - many threeads on here if you search.

The engine cutting out could be related to the fault, or could be something else. Thermostats are a common failure - is your engine getting up to temperature (90C)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. No the engine goes max to half between 50 and 90 presumable 75. But most often its on 60 (right after 50).

Best Regards from Christffer

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
You need a new thermostat....that temp won't be helping your "cut-out" issues, or your fuel consumption. Should run around 90, as I said.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, thanks for the input. Do you think the temp sensor is the main culprit here? And do you know if there is a guide on how to change it? I guess you mean temp sensor and not the tempviewer :)

Mvh Christoffer f. Sweden

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found a store that sells new thermostats for my car. Is there a certain brand i should avoid ? The brands are:
GATES
FACET
VEMO
WAHLER

Regards Christoffer

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Don't know VEMO - others should be OK. As the thermostats are commonly faulty, I'd change that and then see what bthe gauge reads before worrying about the sender (transmitter).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts