Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased a new Brera, car pulls really well, its just under hard acceleration you get a good puff of jet black soot come out the back. when you put your foot down hard before full boost.

I am hoping this is normal? and the car naturally over fuels under load? if not what can I look for to rectify this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you know if it's been remapped? That would be my first thought...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
Hi,

I have just purchased a new Brera, car pulls really well, its just under hard acceleration you get a good puff of jet black soot come out the back. when you put your foot down hard before full boost.

I am hoping this is normal? and the car naturally over fuels under load? if not what can I look for to rectify this issue?

Thanks
It sounds like it has been remapped and the DPF removed. (quite common). If you are producing black smoke that means that their is too much fuel and not enough air form the turbo. Also very common with a remap that has been done purely for big power gains vs one that is actually done to reflect the cars available hardware.

Go get a proper remap done, or if you want it stock, a good mapper will be able to put the stock map back on it.

As they say...... "No Smoke, No Poke" in diesel land.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts