Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My '03 156 has a problem with the information display screen. The data is kind of smeared and mostly impossible to read. Sometimes it gets clearer (seems to be mainly when cold), but begins to fade out again soon.

Is this a common issue? If so, is there an easy fix or does it mean a replacement unit? Any recommendations for a good repair service in the Limerick area of Ireland?

Thanks,

Tony.

·
Registered
200 Posts
ah mines the same its a 2.0 jts 2003 it really anoying as you say put the aircon on and the display comes clear and bright, but as soon as it gets hot it just fades away:(

i was thinking of having mine in bits at the weekend, clean up all the connections or somthing:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I have exactly the same problem with my display. Would be really happy if anyone could tell me how to get rid of this problem.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Thanks is there any way of getting rid of this moisture can you dismantle it and just clean it?:confused:
If you have a dehumidifier then try running that in the car over night (if you don't have one then "borrow" one from argos :thumbs:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, Just reading this thread as have the same problem, display fades after about 45 mins of driving. My radio goes really crackly and clicky as the cars warms up as well so was thinking that the resistence of some component must be giving up as te engine bay warms up to max temp. Anyway before I go pulling things apart I just wondered if you tried the humidifier trick and how did you get on?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Nothing to do with moisture, the displays fade when they get hot... my first 156 did this.. you can clear it by blowing the aircon on cold for 5 mins but it will still come back again... looks rubbish doesn't it.

You can get a mark 2 infocentre from a later car and that should work. The 156 GTA's don't have this problem.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I am starting to having issues with my Info Centre over the past few days (infact since it started to turn cold) - when I start up the info centre stays off, and then after 15-20 minutes it suddenly decides to come into life.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nothing to do with moisture, the displays fade when they get hot... my first 156 did this.. you can clear it by blowing the aircon on cold for 5 mins but it will still come back again... looks rubbish doesn't it.

You can get a mark 2 infocentre from a later car and that should work. The 156 GTA's don't have this problem.
Yes, 156GTA's has also this problem !
(mine is a 2002)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a refurbished mark 2 infocentre that I no longer require since my 2003 JTS with it's faded screen has completely blown it's engine :(
It never made it onto my car and it never will now, I'm willing to part with it for what I paid, £170 if anybody is interested?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts