Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is my info centre showing Sun 9th January even though it's in the correct year ???

I thought i would be clever and put the year back to 2015 but that foiled me too but making it Friday 9th January !!! lol

Me thinking it has something to do with 2016 being a leap year and the infocentre just set from 1st January and might fix itself on the 29th February ???

Or just another Alfa quirk :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Set the year to 2021 to get the days right for now, you can put it back to 2016 on 29th Feb!

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on possibly the first thread on the subject for 2016 :thumbs:

Here's one for 2012 http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/316322-friday-5th-january-2012-a.html ;)

And a few more from the archives http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/search.php?searchid=14619185 :p
Oops !!

Was just testing you all....and now it is all out there for others and dumbos like me who are too lazy to use the search button

>:)

Might just live on the edge and shall celebrate accordingly on 1st March !!

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
....and now it is all out there for others and dumbos like me who are too lazy to use the search button

>:)
This won't be the last of these threads between now and March...!

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't help myself, fell by the wayside and changed year to 2021.....will revert back on 1st March :yes:

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
I did the search and came here! :lol:

I think I'll just leave it as is until March.

Not too lazy to search, just too lazy to re-set the year. :yes:

I vaguely remembered this issue (from 2012) being something to do with a leap year but couldn't work out why it should arise before the extra day? :confused:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's a simple programming error - the software rightly identifies leap years and includes 29th Feb but then erroneously applies the extra day to the whole year, not just the days after 28th Feb. D'oh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts