Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to change my static belts for inertia set. However the ones I bought from classic alfa don't seem to be able to
fit as rear mounting point mean the hood will foul on reel when down. It a 72 spider Veloce. Anyone got any ideas or successfully fitted a set.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I did exactly the same - there's no way those belts will fit a spider without fouling the hood, CA seemed surprised when I informed them - you have some options
Fabricate a bracket that will hold the inertia mechanism away from the hood - downside is its not a straight run and Im not convinced its going to work
There is a company that retro fits belts on classics but when I asked for a quote it was going to be several hundred quid @ £90/hr !!
Do as I did (bear in mind mine it is no trailer queen and has been modified for practicality in all sorts of ways) and fit the mounts much lower down on the inner arch, it means drilling the bodywork and modifying the trim to make it fit - not to everyone's taste.
You'll need some sort of guide to keep the belts from slipping off your shoulder - drives you nuts - I've got S3 seats with the belt brackets but there are lots of options - have a search here and alfabb - there are quite a few topics on the subject.
The S4 has them as standard but I think the mounts are on the rear floor, where the "rear seat" is on the S2
I've got pics on one of the threads here but its not to everyones taste

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing straightforward then..typical. Going for tour of France in summer and better half hates the fixed belts so looks like lower fixing option. Got seat belt guides from classic just need to sus how to get headrests off. Off to St Andrews on Fri for first real run out in alfa so I'll be busy.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,121 Posts
Nothing straightforward then..typical. Going for tour of France in summer and better half hates the fixed belts so looks like lower fixing option. Got seat belt guides from classic just need to sus how to get headrests off. Off to St Andrews on Fri for first real run out in alfa so I'll be busy.
If those are the guides from Classic Alfa then send them back before you use them, they are totally useless! You will see they are a sort of hinged two part affair, the bit the belt goes through sort of just clips into the part which goes under the head rest. Trouble is any sort of tension and the two parts part company. Send them back, save yourself the disappointment and cost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must admit they do look a bit flimsy. Thanks for advice but I'll give them a go then when they break I'll use them as templates and get decent set fabricated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have now sent seatbelts guides back as suggested by AlfaRed Brera. They were totally useless and fell apart before car out of driveway. Yes you were correct. Great customer service from Classic Alfa who quickly refunded the money.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Have now sent seatbelts guides back as suggested by AlfaRed Brera. They were totally useless and fell apart before car out of driveway. Yes you were correct. Great customer service from Classic Alfa who quickly refunded the money.

crikes 50 quid and they didn't last out the drive?

if CA know they are cr*p, they should just remove them from the list.

in the mean time for a few quid you could get a couple of climber's caribiners....bet they won't break:)
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Bolt-in Seat Swap - no drilling, no welding just Recaro magic!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good cheap option. Belts act stay on shoulder no problem. Just getting your hand on belt when you get in is a pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts