1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
He's a class act. Arguably still the best driver on the grid. Will get more out of a cr4p crap car than anyone. He has qualified well but this is a massive challenge for him and the race is likely to be very different.

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I followed it via the BBC website and race control.indianappolis (or whatever the official website was), Alonso had lead a few times in the race but had to retire on lap 179/200, due to engine failure ��
The race was won by Takuma Sato :thumbu p: :clap:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I watched a fair bit of it on the live stream on and off. One things for sure it was more interesting than the F1 race, I actually rather enjoyed it. Quite a few former F1 drivers at the front right to the very end as well (including the winner). Was good to see Montoya up there, shame for Alonso though, was well in the mix and doing what he usually does and then his Honda engine does well...what his Honda engine seems to do best lately which is refuse to finish.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I watched a lot of it, it was live on YouTube since I don't have BT sports.

It was my first real experience of Indy car oval racing and it was sort of interesting, very frustrating watch though with the constant yellow flags. They would restart and a tiny piece of trim would fall off someone's car and land on the grass so they have another caution and yellow flag where they drive around slowly for 5 laps, off they go again and someone's engine blows smoke to they go in the pits - that means another yellow flag and slow driving for 5 laps - THEYRE IN THE PITS DAMMIT !!.

Alonso was going well, he has he highest average lap speed at the time his engine gave up, the crowd seemed to like him too.

Can't just blame it on another Honda failure since they did win the race too with Sato.

I do think though that with so many ex F1 drivers, some well past their best and some who failed in F1, racing over here does kind of tell a story that it's not that hard.

Alonso said the racing was "fun" and "nice" he didn't say it was tough or hard.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I watched it, and enjoyed it.
Dont think i would of watched it if Alonso wasnt racing though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts