Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
heres a few i have tried on mine... the first one (on red engine) is my current setup, based on the novitec kit and a bit of modification!

CLICKY custom kit

NOVITEC kit (as it came, my first mod!)

Filter straight onto MAF (not very good setup so avoid this!)

i experimented quite a lot on the induction kit (cold air intake) setups during early stages of my engine build... these are the only photos i have tho. best position is that of the first picture, down where the existing air box is but protected from exhaust manifold heat by a chrome heat shield surrounding the filter element. gives a gorgeous tone too! CLICKY for short video for an idea of how she sounds with current setup, very far from stock tho!

·
Registered
336 Posts
heres a few i have tried on mine... the first one (on red engine) is my current setup, based on the novitec kit and a bit of modification!

CLICKY custom kit

NOVITEC kit (as it came, my first mod!)

Filter straight onto MAF (not very good setup so avoid this!)

i experimented quite a lot on the induction kit (cold air intake) setups during early stages of my engine build... these are the only photos i have tho. best position is that of the first picture, down where the existing air box is but protected from exhaust manifold heat by a chrome heat shield surrounding the filter element. gives a gorgeous tone too! CLICKY for short video for an idea of how she sounds with current setup, very far from stock tho!

Nice work, i fitted a panel filter as the normal intake looks good enough and already shields it from the exhaust, its on a stock engine mind.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the stock system is more than enough on the 147s for an otherwise stock engine. the panel filter is best option IMO on a stock unit. or the GTA mod (do a search)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts