Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got a K&N induction kit for my 8v 92 and apon reading the instructions it says the car battery must not be longer than 200mm. My car has a battery which fills the whole tray and is 285mm in length. Will the filter system still fit, has anybody experienced this aswell?
Paul.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The filter will be damaged by the battery as it will be squashed between the battery and the bonnet. You will need a smaller battery to get the kit to fit properly.

Had the same problem

Marlon

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marlon, I have a batt that is 245mm in lenghth, this seems to be the norm but they say use a batt off 200mm but I've never seen one that small. The one on the car at the mo is 285mm in length.What size batt did you fit to get it on correctly?
Paul.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure of the size, but I had a battery that was smaller, but the same power as the big thing in the shed. It came from Halfords and was originally on my mums Fiat Panda !!!! :confused:

I'll get the code for you later if you like.

Marlon

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it HB37 or something? It sounds like the Alfa 33 standard/Fiat Uno heavy duty fitment. We have loads of them in our family - last for years, bless 'em.

Ralf S.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, if you could get the code that would be great.

Paul.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi i fitted one to my 1.8 8v i did just had enough room to fit the cone, but i had to move the battery forward as far as it would move. you should have a bracket supplied which will secure the air flow meter to the casing around the battery.
cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts