Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, i got totally blown off the road by a bloomin people carrier pile of poo......not happy!! need more power from my 1.8TS 156.....

so i guess an induction kit to start?

i need to know which are best

does the ECU need remapping afterwards?

any other things i should know?

many thanks peeps

Dan :cool: ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dan: what's your budget ? To be honoust: with a 1.8 liter engine it is difficult (unless serious adjustments) to get a lot more ponies... Best is engine swap, as it is relatively cheap (cheaper then serious adjustments to the 1.8)

Squadra chip is usefull, stuff like induction kits is a waste of money if you want more ponies (but it looks good ;) )

On a 2 liter TS 16v engine an induction kit does not even do 2 ponies extra (in real life, not marketing brochure) on a test bench....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro, not much of a budget, up to 500 at the mo........

what is a Squadra chip? is that similar to a remap for extra ponies? and is a remap the only cost effective option for me?

Dan

·
Registered
495 Posts
thanks bro, not much of a budget, up to 500 at the mo........

what is a Squadra chip? is that similar to a remap for extra ponies? and is a remap the only cost effective option for me?

Dan
Here you go: http://www.squadra-tuning.com/EN/en_alfa_156_18_16v_m155.htm
(if you have a euro 3 engine, you need a different chip)

A few more horses and, mainly, better throttle response. Real improvements would be camshafts, throttle bodies, manifold (equal lentgh) etc. But those are way out of 500 quid budget ;) And even then: the displacement is simply not large enough to really get something very powerfull and still driveable.

As an example: you can get 270 ponies (and some more if you really have some money to spend) from a 2.0TS 16v engine, which is nice on a racetrack. But the cost to get this power AND to maintain it are quite extreme

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your a star bro.........thanks. how do i know if i have a euro 3 engine? mines a V reg.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts