Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm swapping my Mito for a Brera S this weekend so it looks like I wont be needing the induction kit. I orginally bought it off eBay for £85 and only used it for around a week/2weeks before taking it off. If anyones interested let me know! Would be looking for around £45.

Cheers,

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
whats an induction kit??

·
Registered
497 Posts
Would have, but not got the cash at the moment. My boiler gave up the ghost night before last, and am supposed to be insuring my bike again in a few days (though think I will not bother and wait until its warm)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
an induction kit is a replacement for the original air filter assembly that allows the engine to suck in more air and produce more power, up to 10%, the thing that puts me off them is that you should tell your insurance company that you have fitted it and they will increase your premium, i bet there are tens of thousands of drivers who haven't done this and the insurance companies are looking for any excuse not to pay up in regard of a claim, even if it isn't your fault

·
Registered
336 Posts
pookie you are quite right to consider this. Insurers are likely to add that if you have 10% more power have your brakes / suspension been uprated to take this into account? Remember that an insurance policy is a legal contract and each party is bound by the terms and conditions. If you give incorrect information to the insurers (especially if it is deliberately witheld) they are within their rights to not deal with a claim or even void your policy.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
don't want to sound like some sort of killjoy (my first car aged 18 was a vauxhall chevette with 20 speakers in it!) but as you get older and hopefully wiser you realise that these insurers are only one step up from estate agents on the a****le scale.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Note the "up to 10%" ... probably a lot less. A good performance air filter like a K&N might be as good, less noisy and not affect insurance as much ...

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
ok thanx for the info....just wondered what it was...:)

R

·
0 Posts
Kit arrived this morning and will be in the workshop tonight getting fitted, thanks again wee89 :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
pookie, dont want to sound like an a******hole but i work in the insurance industry. It's an honest profession but a lot of mis information and hearsay tends to tarnish us. I am an insurance broker and do find insurers can be a pain in the harris. A lot of problems though are self inflicted by not providing the correct information at the outset.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts