Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since iIve never taken all my kids on holiday abroad together (they're 27, 26 & 24). This summer I'm planning to take them on a holiday to Thailand - followed by a diving holiday in the Phillipines just for me.

I want us all to learn to drive an elephant which will involve travelling to Laos too.

I reckon I can book all the flights, hotels etc. myself fairly easily, but I'm not sure about insuring the risk. (I'm still trying to get last year's deposit back from XL :rant: )

We've all got travel insurance to cover the holiday failing for some reason to do with us. And if I book them all separately on my credit card, any part that gets cancelled by virtue of that particular company failing would be covered.

What about the knock on effect of failure though? How do I insure against getting stuck in Laos, for example, and missing the holiday in the Phillipines, if I've booked the parts individually?

Any independent travellers able to offer advice?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I always thought you were more protected if you booked everything together? ie. as a package? But could be wrong!

The only problem with booking separately could be, if one bit goes wrong, then your at fault and liable for every thing else. So if your flight is late, and you miss the hotel you'll loose money on the hotel etc....

Not sure if thats right but worth checking out!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From your post, we are talking about cover for tickets and bookings,
not medical? I think there are annual policies available that would
cover you.

Hmm I've been very blase about travel insurance and normally
only bank on the cover from creditcards or AmEx which, to be honest,
I've never had to use.

If you're looking to book a lot of travel this year it might be an idea
to look at an AmEx airline miles card which do have a lot of travel
insurance attached, and you can clock up loads of lovely miles too. ;)

As a minimum, I always take a credit card with a zero balance
and large credit limit which I plan never to use except for emergencies
like getting me back home no-matter-the-cost.

;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts