Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Been reading the forum from a far for quite a while so thank you for your guidance so far! I am from Manchester and have been to my nearest dealers today at Blackburn and the infamous Mangos to try and help my option decisions on a Veloce. 'Mabs', if you read this, thank you. My other half is allowing the purchase due to your beauty. She hasn't been a fan of the Giulia so far, even when I shown her the Quad.

To be fair to both of the dealers they have been helpful with their current stock selection in helping me decide what I want but still unsure on a few things on that front. I am not planning on buying from either though.

Anyway, (sorry for rambling) my question is....based on my impressions of Blackburn and things I have heard in the past about Mangos, I am concerned about servicing for my future pride and joy. Does anyone from round these parts have any experience with some good independents? I know I will still have to visit a dealer if I have any problems under warranty but I am burying my head in the sand on that and hoping it doesn't happen.

P.S. I haven't even been for a test drive yet but based on what EVERYONE has said on here I should have no concerns :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

I have exactly the same reservations, living in Lancs and working in Manchester about using a dealership to service my Veloce. I've used independents in the past and have traveled to do so.

I do think will be going the Independent route again and that's why I didn't look into any Service plan with my purchase, I'm yet to decide, but I think I'll probably go see Dan at Autolusso North when the time arrives, as his knowledge and enthusiasm for all thinks Alfa gives me all the reassurance I need. Plus we've got family in Great Orton, so we can go visit while it's being done :thumbup:

Incidentally I bought mine from Beechfield in Derby ... they were great throughout. Car was ready 8 weeks after order.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mangos used to be good but I've heard too many bad stories, so since then with all my Alfas I went to Bauer Millett. Unfortunately they went bust so have now always used two independents without any problems.

Alfatune or MVC in Sale

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mangos used to be good but I've heard too many bad stories, so since then with all my Alfas I went to Bauer Millett. Unfortunately they went bust so have now always used two independents without any problems.

Alfatune or MVC in Sale
Yeah, Bauer Millett would've been handy for me too working in Trafford Park, they did some warranty work on the wife's Giulietta a good while back, I thought they were ok.

Makes you wonder if the dealership would've survived longer now that the new Models are out, considering the number of Giulia's in and around the North West.

Shame really

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All

I can't comment about Mango's after-sales from first hand experience, I have been in many a time over the years for 'nearly' purchases of past Alfa's though and they seemed alright but we all know how dealers can be once you have the car.

Weren't aware of MVC and Alfatune so thanks for that. Neither are that far from me. Any preference out of the two?

I'm guessing no one has used Blackburn then? Even Mango's fills me with more confidence than that place! I'm sure some have the opinion that I'm over thinking it with a Veloce, it is just a four pot after all.

I'm beginning to think there are no Giulia's in Manchester, I got a glimpse of a Monza Red (couldn't even tell what spec it was) on the M60 about 3 months ago and that is it on the road.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mine’s in Trafford Park everyday from now on M6/M62/M602/M60/M61 you name it I’m on em .

Gus at Alfatune’s a top bloke if you’re not too bothered about luxurious garage surroundings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funnily enough, worked near Trafford Park until a month ago. I might be driving round there now for hours looking for your car, Vesuvio with Q style alloys is what the other half wants me to get. I'm undecided.

I certainly wouldn't be buying an Alfa if I cared about fancy garages!! :hehe:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Funnily enough, worked near Trafford Park until a month ago. I might be driving round there now for hours looking for your car, Vesuvio with Q style alloys is what the other half wants me to get. I'm undecided.

I certainly wouldn't be buying an Alfa if I cared about fancy garages!! :hehe:

Maybe when you see the pics of mine tomorrow that’ll help you a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is there a thread or dump anywhere on these forums for recommended/rated independents? I know there are lots, but which are rated by the good folks here?

It may be ~12 months away but I'm thinking of this option too. I'm living in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Considering NJS as a possibility, but that's some 90 minutes away, so isn't exactly on my doorstep. There are some good routes up there mind...

·
Banned
239 Posts
Is there a thread or dump anywhere on these forums for recommended/rated independents? I know there are lots, but which are rated by the good folks here?

It may be ~12 months away but I'm thinking of this option too. I'm living in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Considering NJS as a possibility, but that's some 90 minutes away, so isn't exactly on my doorstep. There are some good routes up there mind...
Its a great drive over tho.

neil

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure on that one. The leased cars I had have always been serviced at dealers. Usually non-enthusiasts prefer dealership servicing over independents etc even if they use OEM parts. I would think independent servicing has a negative impact on the value of the car at the end of the lease in the eyes of the lease company. Quick call to find out the official answer??

·
Administrator
86,763 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts