Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know a good Independent Alfa garage in the Crewe / Stoke on trent area ?

I fancy having the active cruise done but done feel upto doing it myself

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi
Can you keep us updated on how you get on. This is something I would consider too depending on price etc and willingness of a dealer to do the upgrade.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mangos have advised they can;t do it .
more like they havn't got the skill's to do it - took them a week to find a doggy relay on my monza red giulia, they even asked for assistance from Alfa Uk who sent out a tech and he was scratching his head.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Playing devils advocate, it could be they don’t want touch it from a manufacturers warranty side of it, if they do the mod, and then for whatever reason you have a drive/gearbox issue I’m sure Alfa Romeo UK would be more than happy to walk away and say the dealer modified the car, therefore the dealer can take the hit. Just saying, sounds like they’re being risk averse

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Playing devils advocate, it could be they don’t want touch it from a manufacturers warranty side of it, if they do the mod, and then for whatever reason you have a drive/gearbox issue I’m sure Alfa Romeo UK would be more than happy to walk away and say the dealer modified the car, therefore the dealer can take the hit. Just saying, sounds like they’re being risk averse
Agreed. In UK, you're unlikely to find a dealer willing to take this job on for reasons paultrim gives. Unlikely that they know what to do. Highly likely that they have no intention of finding out.

Only way of getting this done, I feel, is to find a independent with the appropriate gear and knowledge. I'm not able to recommend one in the OP's area.

If distance were no object, it might be an idea to approach AHM.

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts