1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
85,835 Posts

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about using capitals and apostrophes?
Tough one, i don't know :lol:. i don't notice them as much :D
as long as the spelling is right i'll let you off with punctuation. :thumbs:

·
Registered
818 Posts
:mad:
winds me up, not everyone is perfect at spelling i know but oh how it annoys me.
if your going to start talking about something at least spell it right.
:cry:
:eek:Eeeek! Your "your" above is actually short for "you are" so it should be "you're" but we've all done it so you are forgiven. :D

As long as you don't start using "of" when you mean "have" then you're a good example of humanity. :D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
That's a bit TOO much irony.

Sorry, ironmongery.
i think before anyone posts anything, they need to know how to spell Alfa. Really ticks me off, especially when its written everywhere on here, and on the car they have just bought for that matter:rant::mad:

sick of seeing A L P H A or rather ***** :rant:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
:mad:
winds me up, not everyone is perfect at spelling i know but oh how it annoys me.
if your going to start talking about something at least spell it right.
:cry:

"your" is a pronoun. It is not a shortened form of "you are" which is "you're.

I do agree with your thread though. If people are unsure of their spelling they could always do a spell check by cutting and pasting into Word before posting.:thumbs:

:eek:Eeeek! Your "your" above is actually short for "you are" so it should be "you're" but we've all done it so you are forgiven. :D

No we don't:lol:

As long as you don't start using "of" when you mean "have" then you're a good example of humanity. :D
Agreed:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
If I don't know how to spell something (or come across a word that I don't know) I look it up in a dictionary. I generally work on the basis that if someone's grammar and spelling is dreadful, they clearly don't give a **** how they come across so probably haven't got anything to say that's worth hearing.

·
Registered
44,666 Posts
If I don't know how to spell something (or come across a word that I don't know) I look it up in a dictionary. I generally work on the basis that if someone's grammar and spelling is dreadful, they clearly don't give a **** how they come across so probably haven't got anything to say that's worth hearing.
:eek: You've gone for the judging books by their covers option eh :p

·
Registered
54,872 Posts

Experience tends to help you make such decisions and, sadly, you are often proved correct.
Such a high percentage of those who do not use correct grammar or spelling actually admit
that they don't care, so it's a fair assumption to make for those who do not comment too.

·
Super Moderator
44,737 Posts
I must admit, it stands out more in thread titles. Wouldn't say it annoys me so much, but it does catch the eye (in a bad way) when looking at thread lists.
If they're in a place I can get at, I tend to correct them for the poster these days. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
i think before anyone posts anything, they need to know how to spell Alfa. Really ticks me off, especially when its written everywhere on here, and on the car they have just bought for that matter:rant::mad:

sick of seeing A L P H A or rather ***** :rant:
Totally agree:thumbs::thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
A few members have Alfa spelt wrong in their member car section and it gets asterisked out there too, :lol:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Words can be as swords
both can be cutting and hurtful

I struggle daily with passing years
too recollect things of value In my life
friendships,love and yes the shedding of tears
pleased to have met/overcome such stife
and yet though I have paid my dues to date
my self esteem is laid low when I read this thread
for it would appear that I my life is judged by the errors I make
when using qwerty to make words.

WORDS, move the `S` last to first
SWORDS, you are left with
both can cutting and hurtful.

So I ask that you forgive me
for being upset,
for making a judgment you see
I am but a simple man you have not met
but has many tears wept with frustration
at his decline in his own dictation.

John the Luddite.

K

·
0 Posts
Quite the opposite. I judge people on what they say and do, and that includes what they write. If people can't be arsed to learn to write in something vaguely representing english, I don't read it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts