Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a issue with my V6 Cup. The throttle response does not seem consistent and revs seem restricted. When driving in say 2nd gear and change up the power sometimes seems to turn on and the revs fly up - I am sure it is not my dodgy foot response. Also revs seem quite choked in first. I have tried the throttle reset procedure and have a shiny throttle body installed with correct gasket. As far as I can tell the hoses and air intake all seem OK. I have disconnected, cleaned and reconnected the electrical connector for the TPS in passenger foot well area. I have another TPS to install but have heard it is a pig of a job. Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I seem to have the same problem with my Cup but mine seems to do it more when the engine is warm.
It might have something to do with a faulty lambda as i know mine has thrown up a error on the diagnostics a couple of times but has not produced the light on the dash.
Could even be a dodgy MAF also.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I believe that if the problem is when the engine is warm it is more likely a lambada sensor. MAF tends to cause revving issues where the car stutters or just won't rev any higher than around 4000 revs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts