Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mix a gallon of petrol in a tank to diesel to prevent it waxing up? I seem to remember that this would work in the past, however with the modern common rail systems, emissions control and sensors everywhere can this still be done?
Was going to put a fiver of petrol in the tank just as a precaution but would like clarification before I do any damage.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've never heard that combination / solution before, I must admit !!!!!........:eek:

I just use BP Ultimate Diersel in my Car, and its been brilliant !!!!!!......:thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
I've not heard of diesel waxing up for many years. I'd imagine there are plenty of additives already.

·
Registered
Brera 2.0 JTDm
1,343 Posts
my old Landrover handbook had a page which told you in cold conditions the diesel could wax up and you may need to light a small fire under the tank to warm it up in certain conditions though care would need to be taken!

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Brother in law put a couple of litres of petrol into his Jag diesel accidentally, it's had no noticeable effect but I think he was just lucky. Mixing fuels is like mixing drinks, you always regret it. Don't do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts