Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wee little while ago I posted a thread about the little nozzle things on the front of the car. The wotsits what wash the headlights.

Now a very kind soul sent me two little nozzles in the post. A very nice man. However now one of my dipped beam nozzles has disappeared, I think due to the newly inserted main beam ones increaing the pressure in the pipes.

Therefore, if any kind soul has a spare dipped beam headlight washer nozzle, I'd be happy to give it a new home where it will be cared for and gently stroked.

Cheers all.

Andy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please help, imagine me on bended knee, If anybody has got a dead 155 with headlight squishers on, or knows of a breaker who has one, please let me know. The gush of water mixed with screen wash is leaving a scummy streak down the bumper. I is not a happy chappy.

Help

Beg
beg
beg

etc.

Andy

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too have recently lost the final part to the assembly of the washers for the headlights- the small round 'plug' where the water comes out from. It was split for a few months and I just pushed it back home now and again, but eventually it dropped out as it was split and therefore not a tight fit...am I making any sense?? are these tiny parts available alone from a dealer?? I'd love to get hold of one so that I can stop the streak effect on the bonnet!

regards
Raj :rolleyes:

·
Banned
477 Posts
yep yo are making complete sense. On my nearside set I've got one round nozzley thing split and the other is missing :rolleyes:
Maybe we can get them to stock them in the alfaowner shop :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Number one is £45 and numer two is £25........go figure????????

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am only after the tiny little nozzles. They push fit into items 1 and 10. Literally tiny. If nobody has a set, or a contact that can get them, I shall simply pull the plug on the pump.

The little nozzle inserts pop out of the nozzle tips quite easily. The last pair I got, I glued in with Bostick, which is working a treat.

Don't think I could justify £25 for one and £45 for the other for a part worth about 10p :)

Ho hum

Andy frown

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How sh*te!!
oh well, hopefully there's an easier way out there!

raj frown

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you will have to buy number 1 or 10 to get them new......sorry.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a thought. Do any other headlight washer jet nozzles fit a 155? Lots of volvos have washer squirters, some fords.

Any ideas?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's probably worth a try having a wander around a scrap yard.
Also have a look at accessory shops, they have windscreen jets so may have something suitable

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you manage to regain your squirt please share your secret with those poor, less fortunate souls eek! :rolleyes:

........where's me coat :confused:

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't managed to get to the scappy yet, but have devised a cunning plan.

Will place a blob of Fibreglass resin in the hole and allow it to dry, then drill a very thin hole through it. Will try this nect weekend or go to scrappy, will keep bods informed.

Andy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bet you made all the Blue Peter models in the past. :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, thats funny, I was thinking of trying the same!!! Replaced one of mine two days ago to find its popped out already :mad:

wrinx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts