Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In praise of the offset number plate...... and crunch !!!!!!

My drive is real steep, and you have to take a sharp right to line up on it............... I went down it today after clearing 40 tonnes of snow .............. Front end decided to take it's own route and CRUNCH !!!!! ............. Brick pillar on the end............. But bumper was saved by the numberplate on the passenger side ............. The plate and mounting are bollixed ........... But the bumper is untouched.

For once the Gods are smiling down on me ............... :):):)

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
353 Posts
A bad thing about it however was when I pre paid 2 weeks parking at Liverpool airport. Their system works on a number plate recognition device which only managed to read half my plate. What a hassle!

·
0 Posts
Happy days (ish) Peter :thumbs:

Re the parking thing, I was returning from Dublin with a mate & He had to phone explain the number plate issue - the parking atendent immediately said I bet it's an Alfa :lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I love mine too :D glad I'm not the only one sad enough to use it for night-time Alfa spotting :lol:

Well done for making it out of the drive Peter - from the photos you posted it did look pretty sketchy, I don't envy you!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love mine too :D glad I'm not the only one sad enough to use it for night-time Alfa spotting :lol:

Well done for making it out of the drive Peter - from the photos you posted it did look pretty sketchy, I don't envy you!
It really is a ***** even in good weather ............... When I came back I just kept momentum and "Launched" the car at the opening...........and a hard left at the top.

I have to take my Mrs Mini Cooper S to work tomorrow (It's booked in for a service and the BMW/Mini dealer is just along the road from work)............... If I ***** that up I am gonna be in real trouble :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers to All
Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts