Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 2.4 jtd sw and I'm after some second hand drive shafts does anyone know where I can get a pair from or as anyone got some forsale?

Many thanks

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not second hand but J&R Parts on ebay do good reliable and very well priced new shafts, I have a pair and have no complaints at all

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tim,

I'll check out J&R parts on eBay, I have looked on there before but for some reason the 10v 5 speed are really expensive.

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
I changed the four cv joints on mine, got them from J and R.
It seems that 10v driveshafts are quite rare, second hand, the only ones I found were £100 each! The four new cv joints were less than the price of one second hand shaft .
Of course if your driveshafts are bent or missing, then ignore all I wrote!
If you go on J and R's own website, or even phone them, their prices are even cheaper than the eBay price, usually.

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
I've got a good pair in stock, give me a ring tomorrow if you're interested. The 2.4 10v driveshafts do not interchange with any other engine size in the range. They look a bit like a hybrid Twinspark / V6 driveshaft as the splines and thickness is the same as the V6 shafts, but the CVs are smaller and use the smaller Allen head bolts that the Twinspark shafts do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked on eBay and auto Italia was the only one who came back with a price of £80 each, at that price I may as well replace the CV joints really.

Pud237 pm me your number and I'll give you a ring.

I'll ring auto lusso RGWM and J & R tomorrow.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hey Chris :)

Yeah its a 10v 150. Dont know if V6 shafts fit:-/

Coffee?
Be good to meet up, yeah! My mob number hasn't changed, give me a shout when you're up for one. :)

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
I checked on eBay and auto Italia was the only one who came back with a price of £80 each, at that price I may as well replace the CV joints really.

Pud237 pm me your number and I'll give you a ring.

I'll ring auto lusso RGWM and J & R tomorrow.

Cheers
I wouldn't sell mine any cheaper than Auto Italia to be honest. I run a re-mapped 10v as a daily and like to have spare driveshafts on the shelf, they're a bit hard on their clutches & driveshafts when they are mapped. If you can find replacement CV joints which fit, then that sounds like the best way forward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phoned a mate at euro parts he reckons he can get them for £96 + vat with mates rates of course. I think that'll include the exchange of mine as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts