Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit guys

This is my first post on the forum and i'm mighty excited to see the forum so busy.

I own a 145 and man do i have a love\hate relationship with this car.i have done alot of fixing,from the cambelt tensioner slipping and busting my head to,to the alternator packing in,then the radiator,and there's alot more...but i must say,every time i get behind the wheel i understand why i bought the car and why i haven't sold her after all the nonsense she's given me.fortunately i love working with my hands and so almost all the work carried out on the car has been done by myself,which in all honesty has really saved me alot money.

well back to the reason why i'm posting,i have two questions.
1...my ceiling has started to peel,and i need to have that sorted asap,i tried to do it but i dunno where to start.has anyone done this before?ultimately,who can i take it to to have it done for me?

2...my power steering unit is on its way,so i'm looking for a good 2nd hand 2lt twin spark unit,the 145/146/147/156 twin spark motors have the same unit.if anyone has one or may know of someone who's stripping one of the above mentioned cars please pass me the information,it would be highly appreciated.

i stay in johannesburg.
once again,awesome site and look forward to making new friends.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Firstly welcome to the site,hope u have many happy hours on here:)

I can help u with the steering rack query, there is a scrapyard in edenvale called eurasia spares,they have about 30 of the cars u mentioned lying there so chance is u will find one there, speak to clint, sorry dont have their number just look it up.

The "ceiling peeling": unclear on what u mean.is the rooflining inside the car starting to sag, or is your paint peeling on the outside roof? the rooflinning needs to be either removed from the car(big job,u have to remove all the trim,grabhandels and anything else holding it in the car,then pull it out the car)once its out u need to carefully pull the material from the backing board,get aerosol contact adhesive and spray onto both inner surfaces ,wait and stick it down working from the inside out,AS I SAID, A BIG JOB!
autotrimmers can do it as well,but I have had some stuffed up by them ,its also between R2-3K depending where u go, if they charge less, they dont know what they doing,walk away!

Another query,do you belong to the alfa romeo club of SA ,if not ,try and join,its a great way to network and there are great events,plus we dont have alot of 145's in the club yet:cool:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Welcome mate, Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope you get sorted...

If you wanting answers to anything in particularly to the 145. Then you should also check out the Alfa 145 forum. That forum is dedicated just to these cars and there are some super smart chaps on there too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the replies guys.

Mason,are you talking about the UK forum,if so then yeah, those guys are really quite helpful, I go by the username Cerrone.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i do.

i'm actually very excited to part of this forum,its exactly what we alfa romeo owners need.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Its great to see so many other Alfisti. Slowly the South African section is getting a few more visits.

You must have had your 145 a while now...? Your persistance is admirable.:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts