Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been without parking sensors now for up to a year and now decided I need to get them back up and running. Had it checked out last week and apparently all 4 parking sensors at the back have failed. They are for a alfa 159 ti in white

Were is the best place to get them from? Could somebody please point me in the right direction please.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When it was plugged into diagnostic it showed as all 4 rear sensors failure. That seemed weird to me too. Only way to check is to take the bumper off u guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issue! With the car in reverse you should feel the sensor 'click' slightly if it is working...

Do you get any tone at all? I.E does it beep once/not at all/continuous?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear of your issue! With the car in reverse you should feel the sensor 'click' slightly if it is working...

Do you get any tone at all? I.E does it beep once/not at all/continuous?
Basically when you put the key into the ignition the parking sensor error comes on. And when you put it into reverse their is a long beep for about 4-5 seconds. I tried listening or feeling for the clicking sound in each sensor but there is nothing in all the rear sensors. Could it be the connector rather then all 4 sensors failing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been without parking sensors now for up to a year and now decided I need to get them back up and running. Had it checked out last week and apparently all 4 parking sensors at the back have failed. They are for a alfa 159 ti in white

Were is the best place to get them from? Could somebody please point me in the right direction please.
Hi mate, im in birmingham and have 4 sensors for you to try if you wish....mine are from a brera but im guessing they will be similar or the same if you want to rule them out...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi mate, im in birmingham and have 4 sensors for you to try if you wish....mine are from a brera but im guessing they will be similar or the same if you want to rule them out...

That's a good idea, at least you can rule out the sensors that way. If you get an error on the dash I'd suggest it's probably the control unit, but at least this way you'll know for sure :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good idea, at least you can rule out the sensors that way. If you get an error on the dash I'd suggest it's probably the control unit, but at least this way you'll know for sure :)
Aww bud thanks a lot for that. Much much appreciated. Sorry for late reply have had some issues at home so have not been online. Where about in bham are you from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts