Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
they're driving me round the bend:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry:

firstly, my mother in law practically lives round at our house at the moment. ok i knew she was gonna be round more often seeing her new granddaughter but she's 2 and a half months old now and still the mother in law is round here EVERY evening for hours on end, generally getting in the way and annoying me

secondly my father in law goes through spells where he needs to borrow money, full of promises to pay it all back next month when he has a load of money coming in. fair enough he always pays me back but it ALWAYS takes months of getting a bit here and a bit there. he also borrows stuff from us - like my big bottle of autoglym car shampoo the other day, he used literally HALF the bloody bottle:mad: he also borrows my lawnmower but when he brings it back he just leaves it in the back garden in the rain rather than put it back in the shed where he got it from.

the pair of them are proper clumsy sods too - every single time they're round they manage to spill something on the carpet, bring a load of mud in on their shoes or break something

now today was the final straw - they took our elder daughter out for the afternoon and asked if they could borrow my camera to take some snaps as they don't own a decent camera. i reluctantly let them, now lo and behold i've just gone to take a piccie myself and they've BROKEN MY BLOODY CAMERA:mad: :rant: :rant: they didn't say anything but it's got a huge crack in the bodywork and the flash mechanism is permanently stuck open, and a big scuff on the side. it's obviously been dropped and when i rung them up she said 'yeah i dropped my handbag but didn't realise the camera was damaged'. she's offered to get it repaired/replaced but its not the point - the entire family has the reverse midas touch, everything they touch turns to ****:mad: i sooooo want to move away from this area to get away from them but mrs al's from here and won't move:cry:

one day i'll have my revenge though mwahahaha!!! :mad: :D

H

·
0 Posts
Stuff like this can build up, and up and up, Al.

Ok stuff getting broken, not a lot you can do about that. It happens.

But re: in laws coming round every night - that has to stop
and borrowing stuff and being sloppy about returning (especially money) needs sorting too.

Mrs HST is really close with her folks and would have them round all the time if she could, but ground rules need to be made, and limits put in place. You need time with your own family alone, without the in-laws constantly being around. We probably see her folks once or twice weekly now. My folks less so, but they live a couple of hours drive away so that's fair enough.

I'm sure your in-laws mean well, and they're great people, but having anyone around too much will strain relationships for all involved.

Hope you can sort things out :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
A meaty rant, bravo! :)

You might have to sit them down and get some ground rules
in before you blow a fuse at them and regret it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Don't particularly get on with my in laws either but fortunately we live in Scotland but the ones I mostly don't get on with (her mother) live in Surrey. Ideal situation to me but don't know how I would take it if it was different

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:tut:

No I didn't. I am not that ugly or old that I would need to do that.

(just a little wind up ... although it seems you're a bit sensitive :eek: ... ;)) ... actually one of my good mates is married to a Filipino, they met at Uni and are a great couple (it also helps that her and her family are stinking rich :thumbs:)

·
Registered
37,196 Posts
(just a little wind up ... although it seems you're a bit sensitive :eek: ... ;)) ... actually one of my good mates is married to a Filipino, they met at Uni and are a great couple (it also helps that her and her family are stinking rich :thumbs:)
It's OK Chris, don't worry about it. I do understand you was winding me up, but the trouble is I have heard it before, quite a few times :rolleyes:

Never mind. :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
glad you lot enjoyed my rant. i needed to get that lot off my chest and now i feel a lot better :lol: my in-laws are nice people deep down, they're just such bloody hard work a lot of the time and very needy:mad: i've told mrs al plenty of times about how i'm fed up with them being round here all the time but she takes it the wrong way and just says i'm being nasty. but i'm sure she'd be the same if it was the other way round and my parents were here all the time, but they live 150 miles away so she doesn't have that problem! but if and when i decide to take my revenge.... oh it will be pure, crushing evil :mad:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
she doesn't come on AO, in fact she rarely goes on tinternet. or at least i HOPE she doesn't come on AO, a certain thread of mine a while back had enough info to get me shot :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
37,196 Posts
You have to be careful posting things up about your other half.

Mine read something I posted about her the other day and she was in a mood for the rest of the day. :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
Somebody might mention it next time she comes to a meet ;) :lol:

I'm pretty lucky really only see my Pa in law once a week for Sunday lunch and by amd large he's a top bloke and greatfull of the invite :)

Mrs H's mam died before we met but I'm sure from what I've heard of her I'd be far from the Ideal husband for her Daughter ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You have to be careful posting things up about your other half.

Mine read something I posted about her the other day and she was in a mood for the rest of the day. :rolleyes:
Only for the rest of the day ... you're lucky, when Mrs 156Chris reads what I've written about her my life isn't worth living for weeks ...

i'm always in the doghouse anyway so makes no difference to me:lol:
I too am always in the doghouse ... the reasons for it change on a daily basis though :(

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Somebody might mention it next time she comes to a meet ;) :lol:

just don't mention the word 'nurse' otherwise nobody will get out alive:lol: they're good buddies again now actually, although i think that's maybe got more to do with what they say about keep your friends close, and your enemies closer:eek: :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts