Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
due to the Cup list thread being taken off topic I thought I'd start a new thread to find other peoples' thoughts on what is:thumbs: tasteful & what is not:tut: when modifying 916s, especially the Cup which people seem to have a high regard for.

The interior picture was taken for colour combination only.

Clive

Attachments

·
Vendor
46,828 Posts
Looks great lowered with the black wheels & white leather. :thumbs:

·
Registered
458 Posts
yeah, i like.,..

perhaps not a big fan of the massive duplex exhaust... but would have to see/hear in flesh to make final judgement..

(oh, and a p2 console would set it off :p)

·
Registered
798 Posts
White/red interior looks awesome. Not a huge fan of black wheels unless aftermarket. But that's just because every Asian international student in Australia has done it to their Honda Civic.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I think some red cars look good with black wheels and some dont, depending on the car, wheel design and wheel size.

Im not feeling them black teledials above, I think youve got to have quite a low profile tyre to get away with black wheels cos they exaggerate the tyre wall when the rim is painted black.
Silver looks way better on red GTV tele's imo. It must be a wheel design/size thing though because someone posted a picture of a red GTV with black 18'' GT multi's and it looked stonking.

For me, the only exhaust design worth considering other than std on a GTV and Cup is either a twin pipe backbox like this....
Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Endschalldämpfer 2x70 Ragazzon Edelstahl Endschalldämpfer 2x70 32088
or a twin at either side like this...
Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Doppel-ESD 2x70 Ragazzon Edelstahl Doppel-ESD 2x70 32091i
Any other arrangement of single pipe(s) or DTM upswept style just look rubbish to me.

And them lower rear bumper aprons you can get, I think Autodelta sell them, just remind me of when my mate bought one for his Saxo back in the day, and I laughed at him then too. *Edit* Clive, i know none of yours havent got this apron fitted, Im just saying generally.

Loving them cream interior of that red one :cool: and think the car could look better (and maybe handle better?) if it was raised 10mm at the rear too :thumbs:
:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
clive, i think you have a great looking car there :thumbs: i am loving the black teledials, even though i thought i wouldn't :lol: not too sure about the red carpet with white leather, but then i think it is a case of seeing it in daylight in the flesh to really decide. but as far as acceptability goes, it is right up there in my opinion.

·
Vendor
46,828 Posts
I think some red cars look good with black wheels and some dont, depending on the car, wheel design and wheel size.

Im not feeling them black teledials above, I think youve got to have quite a low profile tyre to get away with black wheels cos they exaggerate the tyre wall when the rim is painted black.
Silver looks way better on red GTV tele's imo. It must be a wheel design/size thing though because someone posted a picture of a red GTV with black 18'' GT multi's and it looked stonking.

For me, the only exhaust design worth considering other than std on a GTV and Cup is either a twin pipe backbox like this....
Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Endschalldämpfer 2x70 Ragazzon Edelstahl Endschalldämpfer 2x70 32088
or a twin at either side like this...
Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Doppel-ESD 2x70 Ragazzon Edelstahl Doppel-ESD 2x70 32091i
Any other arrangement of single pipe(s) or DTM upswept style just look rubbish to me.

And them lower rear bumper aprons you can get, I think Autodelta sell them, just remind me of when my mate bought one for his Saxo back in the day, and I laughed at him them too.

Loving them cream interior of that red one :cool: and think the car could look better (and maybe handle better?) if it was raised 10mm at the rear too :thumbs:
Funnily enough I think it looks really good slammed all round, I think the black Tele's look mint, I do like the Autodelta rear apron although not enough to spend my own money on, and I think if I had a V6 GTV the only exhaust for me would be a twin upswept DTM "raincatcher".. Just shows how much is down to personal taste :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Clive, bravo for doing this and asking for advise and taking the criticism :thumbs::thumbs:

Personally it's the under skin bits , Q2 and in my case ( I am an old fart , so need my comforts ):lol::lol: Konis on stock springs , that really transform the 916's.

My 2c single slightly oversized exhaust ( NOT a ruddy great Heinz bean can ):lol::lol:

Good luck:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Funnily enough I think it looks really good slammed all round, I think the black Tele's look mint, I do like the Autodelta rear apron although not enough to spend my own money on, and I think if I had a V6 GTV the only exhaust for me would be a twin upswept DTM "raincatcher".. Just shows how much is down to personal taste :lol:
Dont get me wrong Pud, I am a massive fan of 'slammed all round cars' as you know, GTV's included, but as long as the rake is right.
It may just be them pics but on Clives car the gap looks bigger between the top of the tyre and the arch on the front than the back and therefore not right, that is all.

Definately down to personal taste though which was obviously evident in how you ruined my old 156:cry::lol: Looked good when I had it. :p:D

Attachments

·
Vendor
46,828 Posts
Dont get me wrong Pud, I am a massive fan of 'slammed all round cars' as you know, GTV's included, but as long as the rake is right.
It may just be them pics but on Clives car the gap looks bigger between the top of the tyre and the arch on the front than the back and therefore not right, that is all.

Definately down to personal taste though which was obviously evident in how you ruined my old 156:cry::lol: Looked good when I had it. :p:D
See I reckon judging from that pic the back end either needed to be dropped 10mm or preferably the front needed to come up 10mm. When I fitted the Eibachs the front came up 35mm and the back only 20mm, perhaps you just like the raked forward look, I prefer them 'flat'..

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds better than it looks

yeah, i like.,..

perhaps not a big fan of the massive duplex exhaust... but would have to see/hear in flesh to make final judgement..

(oh, and a p2 console would set it off :p)
it does sound good. I think I prefer the look of the twin or quad pipes but this system was already fitted when I bought it.

I only put 1 seat in a Ph1 with red carpet for the picture, to get an idea of the finished look.
They will be going into my 'Cup Lookalike' which is a Ph2.

Clive

Attachments

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Autodelta rear

And them lower rear bumper aprons you can get, I think Autodelta sell them, just remind me of when my mate bought one for his Saxo back in the day, and I laughed at him then too. *Edit* Clive, i know none of yours havent got this apron fitted, Im just saying generally.

I like the rear apron & quad exhaust. I think they they look & sound good.

I have an Autodelta'd V6, see below.

I'm still playing with the 'Cup Lookalike's' suspension at the moment but I'm happy with how it looks.

Clive

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Theres something about the black/very dark teledials that doesnt look right.

I`m not a great fan of the DTM pipes, except in the configuration above with the apron, which looks great :D

The red car with the twin single pipes just looks like a wheelbarrow! :lol:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
See I reckon judging from that pic the back end either needed to be dropped 10mm or preferably the front needed to come up 10mm. When I fitted the Eibachs the front came up 35mm and the back only 20mm, perhaps you just like the raked forward look, I prefer them 'flat'..
I agree. Flats good for me aswell as front rake, just not rear rake. I wasnt so much talking about the suspension settings though.

I like the rear apron & quad exhaust. I think they they look & sound good.

I have an Autodelta'd V6, see below.

I'm still playing with the 'Cup Lookalike's' suspension at the moment but I'm happy with how it looks.

Clive

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fastest wheelbarrow?

Theres something about the black/very dark teledials that doesnt look right.

I`m not a great fan of the DTM pipes, except in the configuration above with the apron, which looks great :D

The red car with the twin single pipes just looks like a wheelbarrow! :lol:
the black Teles do look better in the 'flesh', pictures don't do them justice.

It might look like a wheelbarrow to you, & you're not the 1st to say this(unless it was you last time?), but it is a lot faster than your average wheelbarrow.:p

Clive

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Must admit not a fan of the black wheels. I just worked out why.

Before the availability of relatively inexpensive alloys, most cars has cheap steel wheels with alloy look plastic wheel covers.

Missing wheel covers normally revealed cheap steel wheels...painted black. Just sort of sticks in the mind..

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheap

If the black wheels were a satin or matt finish they would probably look good.
sorry can't agree. A matt finish would look cheap, as if I'd done it with a spray can, satin slightly better but as I keep saying these do look the dog's in real life-photos do not do them justice.

Clive

1 - 20 of 131 Posts