Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Exciting! Fingers crossed that it turns out to be a good'un.

I really like these cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
nice one.... i had the same buzz when i imported mine over almost 5 years ago.... mine was accident damaged mind, but rust free.... I'm still restoring it lol. Yours looks like the same colour, nero, does it have a blue interior ? bet you can't wait till it gets shipped over.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
nice one.... i had the same buzz when i imported mine over almost 5 years ago.... mine was accident damaged mind, but rust free.... I'm still restoring it lol. Yours looks like the same colour, nero, does it have a blue interior ? bet you can't wait till it gets shipped over.
The deals gone bad. I think I've lost my money, the VIN plate and the title VIN do not match two letters are transposed, so I can't import it, or register it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The deals gone bad. I think I've lost my money, the VIN plate and the title VIN do not match two letters are transposed, so I can't import it, or register it.
hey, what the... ? if the seller dropped the car off after the deal, then maybe it's an administration issue with the US equivalent of DVLA when car was registered. Why can't it be sorted by PO?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Two digits transposed does sound like admin error, as suggested above, rather than deliberate fraud. Have you spoken to the seller about it? I would be mortified if I had sold a car with that kind of issue, and would do what I could to sort it out so I would hope he/she would do the same, if they are honest.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Has the car reached these shores? Or is it still in USA?
It is more than likely an admin error, the seller (if the title was still in his name) should be able to correct it........but if the car is here already that might be troublesome, as they might want to visually inspect it.
The correct number, obviously, will be the plate (behind the windscreen, driver's side)

what number did you check with carfax, the VIN plate or the title VIN?
what does it come up with when you check the 'other' number?

have you gone through the long thread on BB about the worldwide GTV6 registry? Might find your car there (any info will help)
Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 1980-1987 Worldwide Registry Thread

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Has the car reached these shores? Or is it still in USA?
It is more than likely an admin error, the seller (if the title was still in his name) should be able to correct it........but if the car is here already that might be troublesome, as they might want to visually inspect it.
The correct number, obviously, will be the plate (behind the windscreen, driver's side)

what number did you check with carfax, the VIN plate or the title VIN?
what does it come up with when you check the 'other' number?

have you gone through the long thread on BB about the worldwide GTV6 registry? Might find your car there (any info will help)
Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 1980-1987 Worldwide Registry Thread
The car is still in the USA, the seller is going to rectify the title issue, but the DMV is notoriously slow, even before covid, so I expect a long wait. Both the numbers come up on carfax, the mileage records indicate it has been randomly selected as one or the other at the smog test station. Trying really hard not to stress out about it all.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi Brian, Well the title is in transit back to the vendor in CA. it was sent 'overnight' with USPS. That was 5 days ago, and its still in transit, I guess the snow and Covid have slowed the USPS a bit. Still hopeful though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't say that COVID and snow have slowed down the USPS. I think it's more about their inefficiency than anything else. Did you get a tracking number by any chance?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I can't say that COVID and snow have slowed down the USPS. I think it's more about their inefficiency than anything else. Did you get a tracking number by any chance?
yes, tracking number is being checked several times a day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hazel, please get the tracking number form the person you are working with.

When the title is sent back, I recommend asking for it to be shipped by either FedEx or UPS. Both companies have their own trucks and planes and can provide a faster "overnight" service. The US Post Office uses contractors for moving a great amount of their mail.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts