Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a flat battery on my 159 when I recharged it and installed the engine appears to be impobalised any have advice thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
plus minus poles are correct? ;-)

do you have 'contact'? any messages on the display?

give some more info and maybe someone will help you.

·
Registered
946 Posts
As above. Is it completely dead or just will not start?

Check the fuses around the battery terminal. If it is turning over and not starting it could be the fuel cutout switch needs resetting (under front LH seat).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi update my 159 is in a local garage who are good I’ve used them for years. Some times when the key is inserted nothing happens other times all the dashboard lights come on but wont start or alternatively it will start but nothing constant any ideas would be most helpful as I don’t want to travel down to Dundee to an Alfa dealer from Turriff in N.E

·
Registered
146 Posts
it looks like you need new key bay or whatever that piece where you stick your key in is called. been reading thru this forum a lot and you are not the only one with this problem. majority of people with this problem solved it by changing this part. you can try if you like, or wait for a better advice.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the same sort of issue at the moment "vehicle protection system unavailable" and will not start :(

It's gone in to Mangoletsi today

·
Registered
257 Posts
Spoke to Mangoletsi this afternoon, they are charging over night as the battery is pretty much flat, but they think it is the ECU for the key slot, which is covered under warranty, all being well, i'll have her back Wednesday / Thursday :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Needed a new glow plug (covered under warranty but unrelated with the original issue) and a battery too (not covered on warranty), should have it back tomorrow, can't wait!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorted at last

The problem was the elictronoc key slot must have had condensation in it from it being off the road after discussion with local gargage Mile End at Maud Aberdeenshire retaxed and ensured the car this morning took it for a long run to heat up and dry out everything. Its working perfectly no charge and saved a min of £350 for new egnition unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts