Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 145. The central locking and remotes are working fine, but the immobiliser is active and the vehicle won't start.
The display shows a key on the dash... How can this be sorted??? I've had a bloke out with OBD diagnostics, but he couldn't even get the vehicle to connect on the machine...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hi, remove the keys from the car and keep them away from it (at least 20ft IIRC) disconnect the battery, remove it and tie the +ive and -ive terminals of the car together, leave it like that for roughly 20 mins, the reconnect the battery and attempt to start the car.

I think thats how it goes anyways.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
langers description might work if the CODE light is flashing. However, after tying the battery leads together you need to actually turn the ignition to the first click and leave it for 5 minutes or so.

If it's a constant CODE light then the immobiliser either doesn't recognise the key or the CODE ECU has a dodgy power connection to it. If it's the latter then do a really good cleanup and tightening of all the fuse and relay connections that are located around the battery. The try starting the car again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts