Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just got an old problem back to haunt me again. The immobilizer wont turn off. I had this problem about a year ago after I had some work done on the engine so put it down to that, but this has just happened out of the blue. I just have to keep turning the ignition on and off until the code light goes out. Any body have any ideas on why this might be happening.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
672 Posts
i had that, on mine it was a bad live wire into the yellow box under, later found out the root cause was a leaky heater matrix had coroded the wires when i changed carpet, worth a try

G

·
This has happened twice on ours, about 3 months ago, no trouble since. Hope this thread provides the answer. Under where Vespasian? there's a word missing:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
had this on my spider - happened when i adjusted the steering wheel height, found that the wire was wrapped round the steering and would catch on occasion, my other half shortened it and has been fine since, quick find me some wood to touch before it all starts again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for your suggestions it still on going today, been sat in the works car park for 20 mins this evening before it decided to get up and go. What wire was caught around the steering wheel column as I was adjusting the steering wheel to clean it all. That might have triggered it off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it was the wire that goes to the sensor at the key whole end the wire was about a foot longer than it needed to be, drop the steering down again and see if it the code light goes out . mine left me stranded so many times i felt like leaving the keys in so if by any chance it did start someone might make off with it then it would have been their problem. i know how you feel mate I would bet my life on it being the same problem as mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts