Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 147 2002 reg and my key is so old ito rubbish. I dropped it on the floor and lost the chip inside so no I am unable to start the car. It comes up immobilisor failure. I'm located in winchester and need assistance reprogramming a chip at the roadside to get the immobilisor working again. Is there anyone that can do this and get my car back on the road?? Or is there a temporary way around it so I can drive it to a garage?? Plz plz help

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Don't suppose you know your 5 figure electronic code? I certainly have no idea what mine is. In the unlikely event you do there is an emergency starting procedure in the manual. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the card. If I do this just to get my car home can I then get a mobile locksmith to come out and reprogrammed the immobilisor to a new key? Or is it kerput and my only way of starting is this pedal number procedure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to try it today dg may head but before I do it I wanted to ask if I use this to get the car home can I still get the immobiliser programmed to a new key by an auto locksmith or is the immobilisor then useless and I have to start the card in the pedal type way all the time? Plz help so I can find out

·
Registered
446 Posts
Na you can use the emergency proceedure as many times as you like and the car can be reprogrammed to respond to a new virgin transponder.
If you are in Hampshire are you anywhere near Cromwell He's the man on locks, keys etc. top fellow and somewhere down your way I think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeh tried him mateam saying that alfa 147 has a 112 barrel or something so he can't do it. Otherwise it back home so gonna emergency procedure it in the morning to the alfa dealers in Basingstoke. 309 pound layer it will be working again haha. Thanks everyone especially the top tip about emergency starting it that was a top tip!!!!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Can you ask at the stealers: Can a new key be programmed if the code card is missing?
I only have 1 key and no code but I do have key insurance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I have an 147 2002 reg and my key is so old ito rubbish. I dropped it on the floor and lost the chip inside so no I am unable to start the car. It comes up immobilisor failure. I'm located in winchester and need assistance reprogramming a chip at the roadside to get the immobilisor working again. Is there anyone that can do this and get my car back on the road?? Or is there a temporary way around it so I can drive it to a garage?? Plz plz help
Yes that is possible mate they told me on the phone that they get a new key from alfa Italy and use that to programme the car TO THE KEY so that's how there doing mine. It's not a key to a car it's a car to a key. Which car have you got mate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And check with your key insurance. I have it too. Mine said that in the fine print it states that no labour charge or call out charge is payed only key replacement costs upto 1500 quid. They also said I have to pay it and it takes 28 days to re imburse me

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
Yeh tried him mateam saying that alfa 147 has a 112 barrel or something so he can't do it. Otherwise it back home so gonna emergency procedure it in the morning to the alfa dealers in Basingstoke. 309 pound layer it will be working again haha. Thanks everyone especially the top tip about emergency starting it that was a top tip!!!!
Don't know who you spoke to but certainly not me. If you still need it sorting out then send me a pm or you can give me a call on 07711 180629
I don't need the code card or anything from the dealers could get it sorted in the morning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts