Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really getting fed up with my Alfa gtv v6 imobiliser cutting in. Second time now, changed the battery after the first time it happened and all well until today, and now it's cut in again. The only thing I did on both occasions was open the cars passenger door with the key first. I open the door with the key because I've lost the fob to the central locking. Can anyone shed some light on this problem. Could it be something to do with the passenger door lock ???

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The alarm and immobiliser are separate systems. There is a transponder chip in the key which sends a signal to a ring antenna. This signal goes down a wire to the ECU (yellow box) and provided the code is correct, the immobiliser deactivates and allows the car to start. If you have adjusted the steering wheel recently, it may have caused a loose connection. Giving it a wiggle can sometimes cure things. Failing that, a bit of contact cleaner on the various connectors.

You can obtain a new alarm ECU and fobs from Abacus Alarms if it is a standard Meta M99 or M99T2. It is located under the stereo, easily accessed by removing the passenger side carpet trim which is held in by a couple of screws IIRC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts