Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:My 145 2.0 TS won’t start, turns over nicely, but just fails to fire up and I’m guessing that it’s the immobiliser.
Symptoms - Car was parked on the drive, and I was going to check the fluids, so bonnet was up – but got distracted and left it like this for about 20 mins. Came back to use car, and nowt. With the key in ignition, all the lights go out (except oil, alternator, handbrake). Car will turn over but doesn’t fire up (and yes there is fuel). Locks and unlocks fine on the key plipper.
Remedial action taken – the fuses (2 x 15Amp) and relays on the plate in front of the battery cleaned up. Battery disconnected and reattached….

Now I’m at a loss and need help please.:confused:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Might be TOO simple, but have you pressed the Fuel Cut out switch under the passengers seat, my P reg 145 Cloverleaf used to stick for no reason when the Car was stationary, not very often though !!!!.......

Hope that may help ........:thumbs:

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
If the code light goes out (which it sounds like it does) it won't be the immobiliser.

If the car is "immobilised" the code light will stay on whilst the engine is cranking over.

If you have checked the relays next to the battery, the fuel cutoff and the fuses then the crank sensor is a likely culprit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back up and running, the relays in front of the battery given a really good clean, the one on the nearside was rusty as *&^%, but I think that it is for the non-functioning air-con, so no loss there, also disconnect/reconnect the leads into the yellow box behind the headlamp adjuster. Trip meter seemed to reset itself, so tried the engine and hallelujah, back up and running which is just as well as I've just sold the other car. Thank you to those that provided the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts